Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If NAM totals of a foot to 16 inches comes true I will need a snow turbine like they put on a train to keep up. My 180 foot driveway is starting to feel daunting

I'm in P'ville too and I'm getting a little ancy about this thing. I love a good dumping as much as the next guy, but I think this one might actually break both of my shovels, not to mention my flabby extremities.

There's actually a red tag on the NYC thread saying that the NAM should be taken seriously at this range, and totals should be bumped up. I don't think anybody should change their forecast based on one model run of any model, nevermind the NAM!

I was wondering about that.  Everyone constantly downplays the NAM, especially far out, but certainly it has to be good at something?  No?  Short term (we are 24 hours out)?  Tropical events? Predicting high pressure and sunny days? Anything...  Certainly it has to have value on occasion to make it worthy of even running. 

I dont know what everyone is talking about... it looks like the NAM is showing 2-4 feet for pretty much our entire view area:

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/NAM-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2016012118&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=066

Best part of that clown map is DC-NYC is buried and boston has like 2 inches. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Damn it, I have the Caps game tomorrow night

That game should probably happen. Ducks are already here, and realistically, there isn't a good time to get them back out here.  While they come back to PA in February they have like 4 games in 7 days.  Only issue for them is they play in DET Saturday.  Might be hard to get to that game.

Sunday's game, however, could be a problem.  Afternoon game after 12-36 inches the day before....  good luck getting there on foot.

Archived