Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I want to hear. Get a big base of 20+ across the area and then get some banding inside there to get some folks to 24+. That's ideal. Better than a few lollipops and everyone else is shafted on the really good stuff.

The maps basically show 20+" for almost everyone in our subforum. Even Wes is straddling the 20" line.

That's what I want to hear. Get a big base of 20+ across the area and then get some banding inside there to get some folks to 24+. That's ideal. Better than a few lollipops and everyone else is shafted on the really good stuff.

Phin - whole area cashes in - I am looking at weather bell and it is an evenly distributed slaughter. If this is like the other big storms I cap out around 20-24 in my part of the city while your area back to westminster goes for 30+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man...what is wrong with some people...what's our snow totals to date?

Hand this man a cigar

I hate this place sometimes and I helped build it. I wanna burn it down sometimes. Unbelievable. We just got through a brutal, grueling December with no hope. We have a blizzard being delivered to our doorstep and people are bitching about 24" instead of 30".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, is there a big difference in 20" and 24"? It's still a **** ton of snow. 

I've been perfectly content with a foot. Sure, like any good snow weenie, I'd love to jackpot, but really... a foot of snow is plenty given how our winter has been so far. Everything else is 100% bonus in my book. 

especially when you add in blizzard winds...you'll never know the difference after you hit 18"

That snow map looks to be in line with last nights.  Would that be a correct statement?

Did the Euro remain consistent with last night or did it tick north?

I think last night had a higher qpf blob over the blue ridge hence why the WUSA 9 snow map they put out looked the way it did

Man...what is wrong with some people...what's our snow totals to date?

I can see why some (including me) are not thrilled with the uniform QPF decrease. Personally, and in general, I think more people are in favor of models increasing totals as an event approaches, rather than decreasing.

Furthermore, the event is still 48 hours away from onset so the EURO smoothing out the totals is fine with me, but if the next run pulls back more QPF, no one in this forum will continue asking people what's wrong with them.

I can see why some (including me) are not thrilled with the uniform QPF decrease. Personally, and in general, I think more people are in favor of models increasing totals as an event approaches, rather than decreasing.

Furthermore, the event is still 48 hours away from onset so the EURO smoothing out the totals is fine with me, but if the next run pulls back more QPF, no one in this forum will continue asking people what's wrong with them.

i don't see why that would be a concern.  Because of El Nino the STJ is more active and moisture feed should not be an issue.  The Gulf and ATL won't shut off

Archived