joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im staying out of the main thread lol. Looks like 10" at DC @72h. Big snows in mountains of VA.

I've posted one time in the model thread in the past three days. It was only a link for peeps.  Anything that I could say will be said ten times, and then 8 of those would say it better than me.

Besides, I don't think you can drink in that thread.

are people really whining over .5" missing from one model run to another?

Apparently - and it's weird because there is likely a cap on how much can really fall for the area as snow and we are near that for bwi and dca - 30"+ totals for the cities seem pretty far-fetched. And outside the cities and up your way - you all will maximize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazingly uniform snowfall distribution through the area. Prob wont end up exactly like that, but From Cambridge over to southern tip of MD NW to Frederick and NE to Philly, its 18-21" per wxbell

Exactly what we want.  The least chance of fail.  I want a huge deform band so when it's position changes in the next 78 hours we're still in it.

I'm glad the Euro had a better distribution of precip. The spottiness on the other models was becoming worrisome. That said, another drop in precip totals will start to bring my forecast into the sweetspot. Still think 12-18 across the area is the most likely outcome. For now my forecast is a big bust which makes me happy.

I'm glad the Euro had a better distribution of precip. The spottiness on the other models was becoming worrisome. That said, another drop in precip totals will start to bring my forecast into the sweetspot. Still think 12-18 across the area is the most likely outcome. For now my forecast is a big bust which makes me happy.

giphy.gif

The euro is suggesting nearly two inches for all of us.  That's unheard of.  That's like the gfs saying 4" and the nam saying 7".

I mean, is there a big difference in 20" and 24"? It's still a **** ton of snow. 

Apparently - and it's weird because there is likely a cap on how much can really fall for the area as snow and we are near that for bwi and dca - 30"+ totals for the cities seem pretty far-fetched. And outside the cities and up your way - you all will maximize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been perfectly content with a foot. Sure, like any good snow weenie, I'd love to jackpot, but really... a foot of snow is plenty given how our winter has been so far. Everything else is 100% bonus in my book. 

If you guys saw the snow map on the pay sites no one and I mean no one should complain.  It really is a broad swath of 20+/- across the whole area.

That's what I want to hear. Get a big base of 20+ across the area and then get some banding inside there to get some folks to 24+. That's ideal. Better than a few lollipops and everyone else is shafted on the really good stuff.

Archived