• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

After seeing the NAM and the pbp im all AMPED up. No temp issues on the NAM for us folks between 95 and the bay. I guess that guarentee wont happen.

I found it interesting the mention of sleet was removed from my forecast when it updated an hour ago. I would still be surprised if I dont see sleet at some point here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had lunch with my mom.  She tell me that she remembers the PD I storm in 1979 because she and my dad were "over at my Uncle Tony's house, and your dad was getting drunk and it started to snow.  Your brother was 1 year old and I was pregnant with you.  We didn't have forecasts back then so we had no way of knowing if a snowstorm was serious. So your father didn't want to leave and because of that we ended up getting caught in the middle of the storm."

I guess no forecasting back then, according to her.  Also, appears that she's still holding it against my dad.  I'm sure she'll remind him about it when she gets home.

What are the chances any airports will be open for flights by Monday morning? I used to live in DC, but now the west coast and was already planning a weekend trip sometime this winter... would love to be there for the storm but unfortunately can't afford to spend the entire week stuck on the east coast. 

Hope you guys enjoy it! I was there for the 09/10 storms and those were unforgettable. 

What are the chances any airports will be open for flights by Monday morning? I used to live in DC, but now the west coast and was already planning a weekend trip sometime this winter... would love to be there for the storm but unfortunately can't afford to spend the entire week stuck on the east coast. 

Hope you guys enjoy it! I was there for the 09/10 storms and those were unforgettable. 

They should be open (it doesn't take that much to plow a runway open and clear the ramp if you have enough equipment.)  The problem will be all the crews and birds will be out of position.  They'll be open, the sun will be shining, there will be lots of passengers.... but very few planes.  

Twitter fight between 2 of my least favorite TV mets!

It started when WBAL's Miri Marshall posted a pic of the 12z Euro, stopping at 6 p.m. Saturday. That's when Masco had to get involved.

@MikeMasco 2h2 hours ago
@MiriWBAL run it a little more .. Storm is still cranking to 6z sun

Well, Miri didn't need any mansplaining, as she made very clear.

@MiriWBAL 58m58 minutes ago
@MikeMasco I'm aware of the duration of the storm. What's on your Twitter ? Shouldn't that be your greater concern?

Masco, or should I call him eMascolated, turns to his good buddy, Miri's WBAL colleague, Tony Pann for help.

@MikeMasco 56m56 minutes ago
@MiriWBAL Just trying to be friendly. Have a nice day. @TonyPannWBAL tough wx team you got down there.

Miri puts a gracious end to the exchange

@MiriWBAL
@MikeMasco @TonyPannWBAL you have a great day as well

At which point Masco can't stop himself from telling her how to do her job again

@MikeMasco 8m8 minutes ago
@MiriWBAL @TonyPannWBAL just a suggestion .. If you want to run model data give an explainer.. had your viewer contact me re skewed totals

It started when WBAL's Miri Marshall posted a pic of the 12z Euro, stopping at 6 p.m. Saturday. That's when Masco had to get involved.

Masco, or should I call him eMascolated, turns to his good buddy, Miri's WBAL colleague, Tony Pann for help.

At which point Masco can't stop himself from telling her how to do her job again

What?! Why do people use twitter in that way? Like, what's the benefit to anyone to have what used to be a disagreement over email or phone calls now blasted out for the public to see?

Masco isn't a Met - not sure why anyone listens to him

Hello all ..hoping you guys get snowed in ..you deserve it ..I'm all for sharing the snow wealth. .You know it's serious when Jim Cantore heading to your area ...

Cantore!?!? First Tony Pann, now this.... Storm cancel.

Thanks.

Archived