joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in downtown DC. For over 48 hours I listened to the roaring of the wind and felt the vibrations coming through the floor of my underground reinforced concrete bunker.  At last, the roar began to lessen and I decided to risk a look outside.  Carefully turning the large steel wheel that controlled the access door, I opened it just enough to squeeze my body through.  I pulled myself upright and turned to look in the direction of the capital building that was several blocks to my north.  I was not prepared for the sight that greeted my eyes.

medium800.jpg

Recoiling in horror, I swung my gaze to the south.  

orig.jpg

Nothing.  I was alone.  Totally alone in what was just two days ago the thriving capital city of the United States.

Anyone expecting this?  No?  Then I do not want to read the words, "total destruction" again.   Get a grip.

I lived in downtown DC. For over 48 hours I listened to the roaring of the wind and felt the vibrations coming through the floor of my underground reinforced concrete bunker.  At last, the roar began to lessen and I decided to risk a look outside.  Carefully turning the large steel wheel that controlled the access door, I opened it just enough to squeeze my body through.  I pulled myself upright and turned to look in the direction of the capital building that was several blocks to my north.  I was not prepared for the sight that greeted my eyes.

medium800.jpg

orig.jpg

Nothing.  I was alone.  Totally alone in what was just two days ago the thriving capital city of the United States.

Anyone expecting this?  No?  Then I do not want to read the words, "total destruction" again.   Get a grip.

Umm...we use the term lightly out of excitement. We rarely get 20+" clown maps for 4+ days in a row. Go easy.

I'm very happy for the DC and NOVA gang. Grew up in Fairfax, lived thru Jan. 96, but missed out on Feb. 2010 as I had moved to northern New Jersey. Parents still live in Fairfax in the house I grew up in so I root hard for you guys and may you cash in on the snow bonanza coming soon.

Thanks, hope you guys get a little something special too!

I lived in downtown DC. For over 48 hours I listened to the roaring of the wind and felt the vibrations coming through the floor of my underground reinforced concrete bunker. At last, the roar began to lessen and I decided to risk a look outside. Carefully turning the large steel wheel that controlled the access door, I opened it just enough to squeeze my body through. I pulled myself upright and turned to look in the direction of the capital building that was several blocks to my north. I was not prepared for the sight that greeted my eyes.

medium800.jpg

orig.jpg

Nothing. I was alone. Totally alone in what was just two days ago the thriving capital city of the United States.

Anyone expecting this? No? Then I do not want to read the words, "total destruction" again. Get a grip.

But, but snow! ;)

Well, it looks like I'm going to storm chase for this one so I will be spending my time with you guys! I will officially be part of the crew for a few days. However, the last time I chased down near you guys was for the March storm that busted in 2013...That sucked. lol...

We do not talk about that, nor December 2010!!  :P

I thought you'd be getting hammered pretty well in Philly for this one, even if not quite as much?

Lmao

xp4hs3.png

Roads are in not that great shape for a relatively small amount.  Not horrible, but snow sticking easily to them.  I'm talking main roads.  I was out just a bit ago...Connecticut Ave., Wisconsin, and East-West Hwy are covered for the most part.  Doesn't look like any salt was put down, which is surprising.  Usually, I see more salt than snow on the roads!

Archived