• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Tony stopped the RPM future cast at 12 midnight friday. He didnt extend it into to Saturday so I have no idea what it showed. He then said he needs to see one more model run before going all in ( assuming he was referring to the Euro ). He feels the bullseye will be towards DC but Baltimore will get into the heavy snow accumulations. Seemed conservative but never mentioned he expects drastic changes in future model runs.

He mentioned the change on Twitter. Not on TV.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final call:

BWI: 12-15

DCA: 14-16

IAD: 14-16

Don't care about other cities. Someone maybe near CHO will hit 20-24. Storm will last a long time but much of the later stages will be light to moderate snow.

A week ago we would've been thrilled to see these totals

#perspective

#perspective

Yeah I think those are reasonable starting points at this range.  I might go 12-18 for the entire corridor, that is enough to imply a crippling storm for the public but means you won't have to worry about walking back from historic numbers if it doesn't pan out.

#perspective

I agree. I think we allowed ourselves to be taken in by the model hype. We started to believe those runs showing 24-36 across the whole area. I now think we'll see 20+ be restricted to a small lollipop area while everyone else gets a foot or so. I really hope I am wrong and probably am. If Euro dumps all over the area I will gladly eat crow.

I agree. I think we allowed ourselves to be taken in by the model hype. We started to believe those runs showing 24-36 across the whole area. I now think we'll see 20+ be restricted to a small lollipop area while everyone else gets a foot or so. I really hope I am wrong and probably am. If Euro dumps all over the area I will gladly eat crow  snow.

A lame attempt at fyp humor.

Were people here, or should I say EasternWx doubting the insane totals a couple days beore Feb 5-6, 2010? Or was that storm just modeled better overrall? Btw, I'm not trying to hate on anyone. You guys who think this are probably correct anyway. I was just wondering what people's reactions were to those totals compared to this storms.

Looks like a little appetizer for some places tonight. Both RAP and HRRR have a dusting up to maybe an inch for I-95 and east.

I'm going to take that as an early positive indicator that the upper levels are more moisture-laden than earlier modeling assumed.

In other news, Euro is running.

Archived