joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now thinking about my roof (row house in DC) after that comment in the main thread.  Does anyone know if there were problems with flat roofs in DC in 09-10?

We live in a house with a flat roof and it was okay in 2010. It leaked a tiny amount in an area that was already a bit weak but it was fine. We did have some off-duty firefighter friends come clear it off just to be sure a few days after the storm. We got a new roof this year, though. 

IIRC there were a few roof cave-ins in the area but I think they may have mostly been larger buildings and not single households. 

Yes, I agree, what is BLUE GRASS doing on the map? LOL HAHAHA, have you ever been there? Maybe 100, 200 people tops in the whole valley area. At least Monterey has an actual 'town' area. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful area, just amazed someone picked that for a representative locale for area.

Ha, I agree! I live in Monterey and just figure somebody must know somebody in Blue Grass. Of course, up here, everybody knows somebody in Blue Grass. In DC, probably not so much.

HA! I'm actually saving the big celebration until Friday afternoon. But watch out in the obs thread Friday night. There's going to be some serious whiskying going on.

Please don't post anything that my sensitive eyes can't handle. I'm sure Dugans is out of alcohol now because of you.

Please don't post anything that my sensitive eyes can't handle. I'm sure Dugans is out of alcohol now because of you.

Such a great local liquor store. Too bad the building next to it is going to collapse from the car driving through it a couple of years back. Do you know that we've had 5 cars go through store fronts in the past 3 or 4 years? We should easily get number 6 and 7 this weekend. Hopefully they take out a couple of the twenty something hair salons.

Archived