Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10" minimum? wtf?

LOL.  It's still 2 days away.  No one is going to forecast the crazy totals shown on some of the models....at least not yet.  If necessary, these forecasts will be adjusted upwards.  I don't think the jackpot zone will be as far west as shown, but these forecasts are taking climo into effect.  That's the difference between a forecast and a model output.  All things aside, to see forecasts such as this still more than 48 hours out is bullish.

Most are taking a conservative route with snowfall predictions at hr 48. Can't say I blame them at this point. I was a little surprised watching Bernie's AM video wall. They are quite conservative and expect more mixing but painting only the I-81 corridor in 12-18 max is a little nuts imho.

That NBC 4 map seems fine for a first call, more than 48 hours before the first flake falls. I am sure they will update it later today, and again tomorrow. Rarely will a forecaster go out on a limb and forecast a record-breaking event, especially so soon. Remember it was only one year ago when NYC mets got severely burned confidently forecasting 2 to 3 feet amounts that ended up being less 10 in Central Park, if I recall.

NBC 4 snow map.. interesting

QmMmBIu.png

Uh, wtf?

Yes, I agree, what is BLUE GRASS doing on the map? LOL HAHAHA, have you ever been there? Maybe 100, 200 people tops in the whole valley area. At least Monterey has an actual 'town' area. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful area, just amazed someone picked that for a representative locale for area.

Yes, I agree, what is BLUE GRASS doing on the map? LOL HAHAHA, have you ever been there? Maybe 100, 200 tops in the whole valley area. At least Monterey has an actual 'town' area. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful area, just amazed someone picked that for a representative locale for area.

I prefer Beaverdam on that map. I heard it is a brushy area but amazing to visit.

It sure has. I hate them, the Yankees and Squeelers more than i hate 33 and 4" of rain.

It funny that we will forever take pleasure in watching coach k's rat face grimace when dukes loses even though it doesn't matter anymore.

How about md's newcomers? Stone and Carter are beasts. NBA bound for sure. Hopefully stone and trimble last another year...scouts are all over those guys.

It funny that we will forever take pleasure is watching coach k's rat face grimace when dukes loses even though it doesn't matter anymore.

How about md's newcomers? Stone and Carter are beasts. NBA bound for sure. Hopefully stone and trimble last another year...scouts are all over those guys.

Carter and Stone are beasts. The one thing that worries me is how Trimble and Suliamon disappear in some games. Suliamon was turrible last night. But i think we are built for the tournament and we will only get better as the year goes on. Final four or bust.

Least we stopped the bleeding last night, the rest of the season won't be played at home, they need to get it out of their heads and play 'away' like the do at 'home'.

Brogdan is killing me right now.  Not giving the senior leadership we need.  We also have zero defense of the bucket.  If teams are scouting which I'm sure they are, I would pound Va inside with posts and drives.  We are an open goal right now.

I think it will be 2 years from now when you see us be something special.  Don't get me wrong, we are good now.  We just aren't at the level we were the past two years.

I think you're spot on here.  For most people, and that doesn't include apartment dwellers in the city, a 30" snow is more trouble than it's worth, and in some circumstances, downright dangerous.

I think the insane totals will gradually pull back to something at least reasonable.

Blasphemy.  Stop posting.

Archived