joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should do a throw back of a winter type recording from 1993 for this storm. It's cool how u have those videos

time goes by fast when you're having fun...I started in 1982 and it's hard to believe 1982 is the halfway point in my life so far...Her's a storm from the past that gave NYC 10" in 1908...

1908 from the NY Tribune...

http://chroniclingam...-25/ed-1/seq-1/

from the Brooklyn Eagle...

http://fultonhistory...cale - 0602.pdf

I mean, what in the HOLY F*CK.

Models ALL agree on a massive storm for literally 3 consecutive days... but then we get toyed with... brutalized... days and sleepless nights of north ticks, south ticks, looks like 96, capture, recapture, escape, Fujiwara, confluence to the north, less confluence to the north, "This run's gonna deliver", flattening ridge... 

Then the NAM and the SREFS come and inject hope into a dying patient and suddenly we're revitalized, energized, ready to sprint out the hospital... but of course we know... deep down, we know... that it's just the steroids talking and this truly is terminal.

The GooFy nurse comes in and delivers the bad news... there's some Canadian attendant nodding in agreement... a certain Dr. No is standing outside the doorway ready to seal our fate.

And how is this thing 36 hours out FFS? I feel like I've been tracking this debacle for a month.

ALL I wanted to do was buy a sled and take my 2 year old to the park... he now understands snow... this past weekend's dusting had him curious.  Instead, I may strap the lad into the car seat, drive 30 (15?) miles down I-95 to where it past my knee and up to his waist... teach him all about deep snow and real winter and end the day with a good ol' lesson in HEARTBREAK.

Seems like my reverse psychology mind f*ck of the atmosphere worked late last night.  Right around the time this was posted, the Dr. came in and said, "It's a miracle you've survived, would you mind being part of this case study for the New England Journal of Medicine?"

Archived