joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are going insane here in the Stony Brook - Ronkonkoma area, all the gas stations have long lines, people are acting savage, stores packed. Its as if they are preparing for the walking dead zombie apocalypse

I hope they know they can get gas after the storm ends and the roads are plowed...

I do understand the grocery stores being packed as many people go food shopping on Saturday and they are probably somewhat low on food by Friday. Usually it's so dumb but I get it in this case

People are going insane here in the Stony Brook - Ronkonkoma area, all the gas stations have long lines, people are acting savage, stores packed. Its as if they are preparing for the walking dead zombie apocalypse

Nothing was as crazy as the Stew Leonard's grand opening in Farmingdale. 

I hope they know they can get gas after the storm ends and the roads are plowed...

I do understand the grocery stores being packed as many people go food shopping on Saturday and they are probably somewhat low on food by Friday. Usually it's so dumb but I get it in this case

People still shell shocked from Sandy and will be for some time. I gassed up earlier in the week not because of the storm- but becuase of what I knew people would do if they heard about a storm. I again have people calling me asking if they should move their furniture out of the house becuase of the flooding. These are people who only saw water from Sansy and nothing else.

for goodness sake, the Island will average a foot of snow... it is not like the world is coming to an end...and btw, if the dry air wins out there could be less than that... I live in SW Suffolk and this is not a done deal. 

for goodness sake, the Island will average a foot of snow... it is not like the world is coming to an end...and btw, if the dry air wins out there could be less than that... I live in SW Suffolk and this is not a done deal.

Who are you preaching to? The rushes on gas and other things are dumb. I understand the food shopping in this case bc Saturday is grocery day for many people.

Yeah, it's one thing if we are talking about a hurricane, but the major impacts from blizzards can be muted by plows. Just goes to show how much power the media has over people. Lol

Sorry but two feet of snow can cripple an area..not something to wish for

But 90s every day is? Which I'm sure you know kills many people. Just stop.

I just have this feeling based on what's going on currently in DC that the mid-level cyclones are going to develop just to the East of them and really limit totals down that way after 12z tomorrow. It's not an official forecast based on any data in particular but more so on how the models have steadily cut amounts East of DC all day.

But 90s every day is? Which I'm sure you know kills many people. Just stop.

The morality police has been in action today. :P

Rooting for snow is not the same as a hurricane; the sheer amount of lives in danger and property damage cannot be remotely compared.

Archived