joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Niziol from TWC says, enjoy your last week of winter east coast. The torch is roaring back. I hope he's wrong, but he's not wrong often.

I don't.  If this is what a good pattern produces, then screw it.  Let's bring back the sun, the 60's, and cruise on into spring.

This great pattern has sucked.

I have had only a dusting at my house which I will officially record as zero. I'm fine with a complete shutout.

So based on what I'm hearing, the only model we should be even remotely looking at is the EURO.  Plain and simple.  We should all make a pact...nobody looks at the piece of crap GooFuS anymore.  Long Range Thread should read "Euro Only"  If you post GFS comments, mods should boot you for 3 days.  Thoughts?  :lol:

So based on what I'm hearing, the only model we should be even remotely looking at is the EURO.  Plain and simple.  We should all make a pact...nobody looks at the piece of crap GooFuS anymore.  Long Range Thread should read "Euro Only"  If you post GFS comments, mods should boot you for 3 days.  Thoughts?  :lol:

Dumb.

That's my thought.

Dumb.

That's my thought.

I was kidding of course, but when was the last time the GFS beat the Euro?  I'm sure it's scored the coup before, but it's about as rare as a Vikings Super Bowl win.  Oooops.  I do like Fran Tarkenton though, so don't hate me.  

BTW - I'm a Cowboys fan, so you can blast away on me too.   ;)

PDIII posted in the discussion thread:

Its obvious that the gfs can't handle the pattern. Right now there is so much potential that the model can't figure out which storm to go with... So it keeps bouncing back and forth from medium to long range. It is just so dynamic that its confused. I think as things relax a little bit the gfs will become more focused and that will help it to snow. I don't think it will latch on to something until maybe the 96 hour mark. And then watch... Boom... Something will bomb out. This is just the way the models work.

So the GFS's what's been keeping the east coast from seeing snow all this time? It just needs to focus more and then the snow will come... 

I was kidding of course, but when was the last time the GFS beat the Euro? I'm sure it's scored the coup before, but it's about as rare as a Vikings Super Bowl win. Oooops. I do like Fran Tarkenton though, so don't hate me.

BTW - I'm a Cowboys fan, so you can blast away on me too. ;)

The Midwest event just two weeks ago. People have no perspective on how good models really are relative to actual atmospheric predictability.

I think the main reason is the GFS sucks. If we stopped pretending it didn't we'd all be better off. Maybe it would even get fixed someday.

Yep, maybe it will get fixed. If only they invested in making it better.

I take this to mean you'll stop using it as a tool? Who uses a crappy model for guidance?

I guess my post was deleted or whatever, but now everyone is chattering over the Euro for Sunday and I just want to note that earlier this morning we were trashing Ravens94 for hallucinating when he basically has been saying the same thing about the Sunday storm for days...

Well if one says the same thing for every possible threat, maybe one will hit it once in a while. Bastardi Rule.

The Sunday thing is on life support, and tonight's event is going to produce moderate to heavy rain, the outcome we all expected based on the pattern and the guidance, and despite his days and days of tracking, wishcasting, and hallucinations.

I guess my post was deleted or whatever, but now everyone is chattering over the Euro for Sunday and I just want to note that earlier this morning we were trashing Ravens94 for hallucinating when he basically has been saying the same thing about the Sunday storm for days...

Is he your cousin or little brother?

If we get anything I'll give him credit for the snow.

? I don't think anyone has ruled out some snow showers on Sunday. I've commented on it several times the last few days. I didn't read many of Raven's posts but I thought he was trying to show how this is going to back it's way into a big storm. 

? I don't think anyone has ruled out some snow showers on Sunday. I've commented on it several times the last few days. I didn't read many of Raven's posts but I thought he was trying to show how this is going to back it's way into a big storm. 

he called coastal

Archived