Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

I dont know about DC, but NBC up here tends to use the RPM for futurecast stuff

And I don't think wunderground is that high res when it comes to models. So the output may be funky compared to other paysites. 

I'll never forget how that model nailed the early March storm of 2013.  It was spooky how good it was.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. No matter was his defender says, he's been awful as of late. Nothing wrong with optimism but he's gone beyond that. #facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, he might even be semi tolerable if he didn't post 30 maps in every post. I think we all know where to find 500 mb vorticity panels.

I mean, he might even be semi tolerable if he didn't post 30 maps in every post. I think we all know where to find 500 mb vorticity panels.

Every map I post is to back up my point in that post so its not labeled a "wishcast" 500MB GFS maps are straight from the trend map. I do it so there is no question in what i said. The pictures are right there for people to look, I never look at just 1 run of a model the trend map is my way to go. Every 00z Model did go NW last night including the Ensembles. GEM ENS are even more NW. I don't post bull**** i post what i think and see then provide my Factual information in that case is the model runs from last night on that post the 3 GFS images showed a more amped faster solution and you didn't even have to leave the page to see the Trend-CMC-UK it was all there 12-00Z images for both for comparison.

We all appreciate your desire to contribute, and learn, but you need to know a few things.

We all know where H5 maps are, you don't need to post them for us. 

CMC and UK should never be used to set a "trend". They are support models if and when the GFS and Euro are showing the same solution

Ensembles shouldn't be used for anything within 48 hours.

So everything you are posting, doesn't do any of us much good, and honestly, you are just grasping for straws.

If the GFS and Euro show similar solutions today, use the CMC and UK as support, otherwise, they aren't much use.

I believe many of us here have tried to tell you that while you are posting information... it is just bad information. 

We all appreciate your desire to contribute, and learn, but you need to know a few things.

We all know where H5 maps are, you don't need to post them for us. 

CMC and UK should never be used to set a "trend". They are support models if and when the GFS and Euro are showing the same solution

Ensembles shouldn't be used for anything within 48 hours.

So everything you are posting, doesn't do any of us much good, and honestly, you are just grasping for straws.

If the GFS and Euro show similar solutions today, use the CMC and UK as support, otherwise, they aren't much use.

I believe many of us here have tried to tell you that while you are posting information... it is just bad information. 

Bad information to some is good information to others. Tons of negativity all in here But that wont ever bother me people just need a good solid storm. All 00Z models moved NW from 12z literally every model. if 12z models continue a move NW you cant discount it. model errors are still very high outside of 36 hours the past 3 months. Sampling on that energy starts this morning 

Bad information to some is good information to others. Tons of negativity all in here But that wont ever bother me people just need a good solid storm. All 00Z models moved NW from 12z literally every model. if 12z models continue a move NW you cant discount it. model errors are still very high outside of 36 hours the past 3 months. Sampling on that energy starts this morning

Take a knee, friend.

Dude, look at the big picture. You focus too much on minor changes in the guidance that have no impact on sensible weather. And why are you even looking at ensembles for a short lead threat?

Dude, look at the big picture. You focus too much on minor changes in the guidance that have no impact on sensible weather. And why are you even looking at ensembles for a short lead threat?

So you consider a faster vort to beat the kicker insignificant ? And i have looked at ensembles for years Especially the past 2 years because model performance has SUCKED. NAM shouldn't even be a model anymore. I don't just use The gem ens i use the NAEFS and euro ens also. they all moved NW last night

So you consider a faster vort to beat the kicker insignificant ? And i have looked at ensembles for years Especially the past 2 years because model performance has SUCKED. NAM shouldn't even be a model anymore. I don't just use The gem ens i use the NAEFS and euro ens also. they all moved NW last night

You forgot the hashtag at the end

We could normally get our fix by driving to Davis or Deep Creek, but they're also having an awful winter....worse than ours actually. Pretty crazy that Davis hasn't hit 15" for the season on January 15th.

Think many assumed the interior would do OK this winter too. Still time but rough start for sure.

EURO schooled the GFS on the current storm coming out of the gulf, never wavered with it's closer to the coast track. Pretty remarkable how skilled it is compared to all the other models.

Remember the schooling the euro gave the gfs on that hurricane fail last fall. It's embarrassing how horrible it is. It seems to get schooled pretty regularly.

What's up with the GFS lately though.  It's bouncing around a lot more than usual it seems

I wonder if its just this particular pattern it is having issues with.  I mean threats go from 60-0 in like one run.  I can't just be because someone started a thread prematurely 8 days out...there has to be some meteorological reason. right? 

I wonder if its just this particular pattern it is having issues with.  I mean threats go from 60-0 in like one run.  I can't just be because someone started a thread prematurely 8 days out...there has to be some meteorological reason. right? 

I think the main reason is the GFS sucks. If we stopped pretending it didn't we'd all be better off. Maybe it would even get fixed someday.

Archived