12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, you do not believe this sarcasm, what do you believe? I never said I believed in the GFS, in fact I think it is in miserable shape and cannot detect rats in the attic.  

You win the Where's Waldo Award this year in the Southeast forum since you are the poster who most frequently seems to be just plain lost..

Now, you do not believe this sarcasm, what do you believe? I never said I believed in the GFS, in fact I think it is in miserable shape and cannot detect rats in the attic.

I don't get your question....?

You've been posting about the GFS and it getting warm and drama queens and so forth and so on all afternoon. What point are you making? Maybe I'm missing it. That appears to be the case.

clickbait trash like this enrages me.  thousands of shares and this guy is redirecting them all to his garbage website to become "members" to "learn more".  and worst of all, he has 30k+ followers that buy into this trash. 

dqfuJ97.jpg

Looks a heck of a lot like last winter. I just love how far south the wintry mix goes in Texas and then when it gets to GA it basically straddles I-20.

I've been on these boards since the Wright Weather days. Since I was 16 or so. (I'm 27 now)

Seen a lot of people come and go. Bad part is I've seen more "good" posters leave than "bad" ones. (Like Webber)

I'm also in the dark as to why there's so much animosity towards snowlover. If anything, he's been the most accurate with his posts in regards to the pattern.

He's a great poster. As is pack. But it seems like anything pack posts in regards to the pattern is accepted, but snowlover's posts are scorned for various invalid reasons. I know I always stop to read anything that pack, snowlover, Jon, James, and a few others post whenever I see it.

Hopefully we can all get along once we turn the page on the new year and the pattern change is actually taking place. :)

clickbait trash like this enrages me. thousands of shares and this guy is redirecting them all to his garbage website to become "members" to "learn more". and worst of all, he has 30k+ followers that buy into this trash.

dqfuJ97.jpg

Found he used that graphic from CBS News, located here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/another-wintry-blast-of-ice-and-snow-to-hit-southeast/

If he enrages you, imagine what mets on social media think about what it makes their career and livelihood look like...I'd be furious. I feel that way every time a Pharmacist gets implicated in something terrible...nothing you can do but shake your head.

Found he used that graphic from CBS News, located here:http://www.cbsnews.com/news/another-wintry-blast-of-ice-and-snow-to-hit-southeast/

If he enrages you, imagine what mets on social media think about what it makes their career and livelihood look like...I'd be furious. I feel that way every time a Pharmacist gets implicated in something terrible...nothing you can do but shake your head.

Wow great find. Not only does he copy a graphic from another website but he also is misleading the public into thinking there is an imminent snow threat when there isn't.

I've been on these boards since the Wright Weather days. Since I was 16 or so. (I'm 27 now)

Seen a lot of people come and go. Bad part is I've seen more "good" posters leave than "bad" ones. (Like Webber)

I'm also in the dark as to why there's so much animosity towards snowlover. If anything, he's been the most accurate with his posts in regards to the pattern.

He's a great poster. As is pack. But it seems like anything pack posts in regards to the pattern is accepted, but snowlover's posts are scorned for various invalid reasons. I know I always stop to read anything that pack, snowlover, Jon, James, and a few others post whenever I see it.

Hopefully we can all get along once we turn the page on the new year and the pattern change is actually taking place. :)

The forum has to collectively hate someone...Widre, Wilkesdud, Webber, etc.

just kidding...

I agree, let's all move on and enjoy the weather. I'm happy to see posters coming out of the woodwork now that the pattern change is coming...it's great to wake up in the morning and have several pages to read, let's keep it going!

Wow great find. Not only does he copy a graphic from another website but he also is misleading the public into thinking there is an imminent snow threat when there isn't.

A local met said it was a CBS news graphic and I did the rest (Google)...yeah he's scum but short of illegally DDoSing his site there's nothing anyone can do but watch him defraud the public.

A local met said it was a CBS news graphic and I did the rest (Google)...yeah he's scum but short of illegally DDoSing his site there's nothing anyone can do but watch him defraud the public.

Someone should link that cbs article to his page, if it hasn't been already, and call him out on it. Copying other people's graphics and using it as your own is unacceptable and wrong. When I first saw his post on my fb page I initially thought it was predicting an upcoming snow but knew that couldn't be possible since there isn't anything atm on models in even the medium range. The general public won't know that though and will be easily deceived by it.

Thanks for the kind words Jonathan! I do not understand it either but I hope my data is useful and helpful. I'm just an amateur at things but enjoy the forecasting, discussing different techniques and methods and any other related data. Winter is by far my favorite time of year. I remember the good ole days when I was about 8 and would watch TWC showing snow in Texas and how it would move east and affect our area a few days later. That's where my interest in weather began, and hurricane Floyd the next year also.

In some respects, I miss webber.

Despite the fact I never understood a word he said and he was always long winded, long term and theoretical - he did bring some science here.

How's about some science in the posts and not telling us what the picture post says (I can see what it says)  - what does the pic mean, and where is it taking us, and WHY?

It's OK to request this, but not OK to expect it...this comes across as though you are expecting others to do the research and post about it.  It's like opening and holding a door for someone else to walk in.  I'll gladly open it and hold it, but don't ever take it for granted and expect it.

As someone who has also been around these parts for more than ten years, I concur with your post!

Carry on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, the 00z GFS was back to close to a fantasy storm in the D15 timeframe. :lol:

Quite strung out and a little too warm, though.  Maybe some flakes at the end for some.  Just entertainment at this point. :)

I guess I'll renew my WeatherBell subscription when I get back to NC on the 10th.  I ended up not needing to renew this December to Remember [for the wrong, hot reasons].  I always subscribe to the WeatherBell model suite, but it'll be nice to see those nice looking Euro maps again. :D

I love waking up to multiple optimistic posts, especially from ol' pack!

This is like a dream. We've suffered through over a month of the worst stretch of weather imaginable and now all of a sudden it seems like every day, every run of every model looks better and better than they did the day before.

BRING ON JAN 10th (or so)!!!

Archived