joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're taking this upcoming ice storm in Michigan pretty seriously...

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/state-police-prepare-for-hazardous-winter-storm/article_ac862ee0-acf7-11e5-b95e-3fa7619c226a.html

"“Now is the time to prepare for this winter storm,” said Capt. Chris A. Kelenske, Deputy State Director of Emergency Management and Homeland Security and commander of the MSP/EMHSD. “Freezing rain has the ability to be very destructive, causing both long-term power outages and hazardous travel conditions. I strongly recommend anyone who may be affected by this storm to ensure they have enough supplies to last three days per person. Travel may not be possible right away.”

+11 in Atlanta through yesterday. So much for the theory that rain would keep temps in the south down this month. We ended up with 10+ inches of rain this month and still managed to be 10+ for temps.

Remember this, only a couple of weeks ago :-). All of us will bemoaning the lack of snow in a few weeks and hopefully we can look back come March and laugh.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47339-2015-16-winter-pattern-discussion/page-6#entry3785578

Baby steps my ass.   This winter is over, it is going to take weeks of below freezing temps at night, for ground temps to make anything stick.  Put a fork in this year.  The most disgusting start to winter,(cough), I have ever seen in my entire 60 + years.

Maybe, but I still think there's hope for this month and February. The GFS has been flipping back and forth and this could be the fact it is having difficulty. So basically we need to wait another week or so to see what materializes.

Baby steps my ass. This winter is over, it is going to take weeks of below freezing temps at night, for ground temps to make anything stick. Put a fork in this year. The most disgusting start to winter,(cough), I have ever seen in my entire 60 + years.

Yeah, it was looking exciting for a few days, now back to the previous dumpster fire!

Average soil temp in Clayton for the month so far is 64.1°

Really unbelievable, like I said it is going to takes weeks of sub freezing nights to get the soil temp even remotely close for anything to stick, even if we get a threat.  Which at this point looks doubtful, every run of the GFS gets warmer and warmer.  I give up.  Ready for Summer.

Really unbelievable, like I said it is going to takes weeks of sub freezing nights to get the soil temp even remotely close for anything to stick, even if we get a threat. Which at this point looks doubtful, every run of the GFS gets warmer and warmer. I give up. Ready for Summer.

Rates overcome all!

Really unbelievable, like I said it is going to takes weeks of sub freezing nights to get the soil temp even remotely close for anything to stick, even if we get a threat.  Which at this point looks doubtful, every run of the GFS gets warmer and warmer.  I give up.  Ready for Summer.

LOL if I had a dollar for every soil temp is a issue post or people fussing about the GFS LR during a pattern change I would be rich....

No one on this board is ready for summer.  You are all here because you hold out some hope for a glimpse of winter, no matter how fleeting, otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this board during the last week of December.  There are apparently quite a few frustrated people around who have no problem airing their frustrations to the rest of the world with post after tiring post.  Patience is a virtue that is in very short supply anymore.

No one on this board is ready for summer.  You are all here because you hold out some hope for a glimpse of winter, no matter how fleeting, otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this board during the last week of December.  There are apparently quite a few frustrated people around who have no problem airing their frustrations to the rest of the world with post after tiring post.  Patience is a virtue that is in very short supply anymore.

It is beyond frustrating,  I know we cannot change the weather, but this has been torture to say the least, now the long range models are barely advertising slightly below freezing for Atlanta and for that matter the rest of the interior SE.  Now, 5 more inches of rain coming for Atlanta....

Archived