Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Last year, it snowed here on November 1st from a quick hitting upper level low.  Ground temps weren't close to cold and it ending up sticking to the roads.  Granted, after it had stopped for 15 minutes or so, the roads cleared up.. but the grass kept it for quite the while.  One area had 5.5 inches.

If the ground temp argument had any merit at all, you would never see frost after a period of temps in the 70s.

Warm ground temps mean one thing and one thing only. Light snow in the low 40s isn't going to accumulate. Ok fine. But heavy snow in the 20s is going to stick, my friends. Warm ground temps will melt some of it, but rates will make up for it. Ideally, I'd like to see ground temps in the 20s so not one flake would be lost. But when do we ever get ideal conditions?

If the ground temp argument had any merit at all, you would never see frost after a period of temps in the 70s.

Warm ground temps mean one thing and one thing only. Light snow in the low 40s isn't going to accumulate. Ok fine. But heavy snow in the 20s is going to stick, my friends. Warm ground temps will melt some of it, but rates will make up for it. Ideally, I'd like to see ground temps in the 20s so not one flake would be lost. But when do we ever get ideal conditions?

Agreed! But, we need snow to even worry about ground temps, it's not snowing anytime soon.

Please explain again how to engage the "ignore" feature, Michelle :)

I seriously can't find it.

I'm glad Shawn answered your question  :D    I've missed you   ;) 

While logged in, clicking this will take you the page to manage your ignores.  Link

The long way is to go up top (top bar where you sign out or in), click your name with the arrow pointed down and in the menu, find the "manage ignore preferences" link.

Thank you  :hug: 

The ego is strong smh.......changing an IP/name doesn't mean they've learned any lessons since being banned last winter. Maybe we should start a poll on how long it takes before the ego is 5 posted or banned :lol:

I'm confused. Do you think that snowlover is Webber? Snowlover's posts are much shorter and not nearly as technical as webbers from last winter.

Why the passive aggressive behavior? If someone breaks a rule, lower the boom. Until then, there's nothing to do. It seems like you are stirring the pot, which doesn't seem to be behavior that a moderator should be using.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh. There may be more to the story that I don't know. If appropriate and you are so inclined, send me a pm or post here. Transparency would more than likely clear up any confusion. Thank you for your efforts as a moderator.

I'm confused. Do you think that snowlover is Webber? Snowlover's posts are much shorter and not nearly as technical as webbers from last winter.

Why the passive aggressive behavior? If someone breaks a rule, lower the boom. Until then, there's nothing to do. It seems like you are stirring the pot, which doesn't seem to be behavior that a moderator should be using.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh. There may be more to the story that I don't know. If appropriate and you are so inclined, send me a pm or post here. Transparency would more than likely clear up any confusion. Thank you for your efforts as a moderator.

This is a banter thread, but people still get beat up by the so called semi professionals that think that their SH## does not stink.

Archived