12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are only going to see a couple days in the high 50s this weekend, if it isn't increased by then, then back in the low to mid 60s all next week. Above average, but at least I can shut the AC off.

I'm just going to leave my AC on all winter. I'll disconnect the gas as the heat won't be needed. I need the dehumidifying action anyway.

God the overreaction this time of year is always amazing

Who's overreacting?  I just think there will be more of this the next couple of months   :devilsmiley: ?  

Compare it to Dec 97..hmmmm.  J-F 98 also featured HLB and we know how that turned out..LOL. #blindweenieoptimism

I said back in early Nov we flip end of Jan into Feb but a wall to wall warmth isn't out of the question.  Nobody knows for sure.

Who's overreacting? I just think there will be more of this the next couple of months :devilsmiley: ?

Compare it to Dec 97..hmmmm. J-F 98 also featured HLB and we know how that turned out..LOL. #blindweenieoptimism

I said back in early Nov we flip end of Jan into Feb but a wall to wall warmth isn't out of the question. Nobody knows for sure.

There is a lot of overreacting going on in many areas this morning . I was not directly talking about you but to your post , there is nothing modeled that screams record warmth for anyone. Let's say we do continue to dump in the west with the higher latitudes becoming a solid block it's not like we are gonna torch . Would it be a great winter pattern? No not great but like every winter with the right timing we could pull something off IF we continue to dump in the west. IF the AO and NAO do go negative , who cares what the pacific does.

Again wasn't talking directly about you and I happen to agree with what you have said all along - later January.

But let's be honest we are already in a petter spot than we were . The overall H5 look over the next few weeks will be getting better and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't see the point in trying to make a case out of one set of model runs. Now if you see this consistently showing than that is a different story.

You do realize that this pattern of a western trough/eastern ridge has been repeating for over a month now. Persistence would argue that it will continue. So when you see the models start to mute the cold push and re-build the trough in the west, it shouldn't be readily dismissed, even if it's one or two model runs. Also, there are some really good mets that are pointing to a warmer than normal east for the entire winter. Also, we have a very strong El Nino that is not waning as quickly as predicted and is pushing us into uncharted territory (few analogs).

You do realize that this pattern of a western trough/eastern ridge has been repeating for over a month now. Persistence would argue that it will continue. So when you see the models start to mute the cold push and re-build the trough in the west, it shouldn't be readily dismissed, even if it's one or two model runs. Also, there are some really good mets that are pointing to a warmer than normal east for the entire winter. Also, we have a very strong El Nino that is not waning as quickly as predicted and is pushing us into uncharted territory (few analogs).

Not a lot of rational people on this board but your one of them. :-)

And your wrong by the way, it's persisted for past 2 months, LOL.

Nobody is cancelling winter, it has to start first.

Exactly  :D    

Wow, what a change of attitude once again this morning. Amazing.

Winter cancelled again after just being un-cancelled yesterday lmao.

You cant really be shocked I mean that's par for the course.......anyone can see that the next 2 weeks are nothing like the last 2 months......what happens after that is the question.....indexes point more towards cold than warm and I would be very surprised to see us go back to a sustained torch like pattern anytime in the next few months...AO tanking and a PNA going + alone are enough to make me happy...if it locks in at all then the rest of the winter will actually be winter.....

the eps and the Canadian ensembles don't have a western trough. Nothing teleconnects to a western trough.

Sure but when the crappy pattern breaks it's on. Last winter we didn't have the stj like we do this winter so we can easily score with even a brief cold shot.

Archived