• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter

mackerel_sky

Euro is much different than the GFS for Tuesday and Wednesday high temps. Euro has the whole state struggling to get above freezing both days, highs in the mid 30s. The GFS has upper 30s and low 40s for Tuesday and mid to upper 40s on Wednesday. Euro digs the vort more thus bringing in much colder air for longer while the GFS does not.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOU LIKE THAT

Yep two surprises haha wasn't expecting a system to watch in the near term but those vorts can do that easily. Would be nice to get a 3-6" snow from the vort dropping down then a big dog a few days later across the SE. I do really like the January 10-15th timeframe and if we don't get something then, well, it just isn't meant to be lol. That's assuming the pattern verifies as modeled, and with it getting inside the 240 hour range it's more likely now that it will be similar.

Yep two surprises haha wasn't expecting a system to watch in the near term but those vorts can do that easily. Would be nice to get a 3-6" snow from the vort dropping down then a big dog a few days later across the SE. I do really like the January 10-15th timeframe and if we don't get something then, well, it just isn't meant to be lol. That's assuming the pattern verifies as modeled, and with it getting inside the 240 hour range it's more likely now that it will be similar.

Can't happen. The op GFS looks like garbage the entire run! ;):lol:

clemson wins the national championship the night of the 11th and our big dog rolls in later that night. sounds like a plan.

Or Clemson doesn't win and you don't care as much because you get blistered with 8 to 12 inches of snow. Almost a win win, I just hope it doesn't end up being a lose lose (no win and no snow). :-)

Or Clemson doesn't win and you don't care as much because you get blistered with 8 to 12 inches of snow. Almost a win win, I just hope it doesn't end up being a lose lose (no win and no snow). :-)

it would be the biggest rollercoaster of emotions lol.  i moved from charleston to raleigh last feb so i want a true big dog.  most snow i've ever had was 8" in northern sc in the carolina crusher in 2000.

Lol

... Lake effect snow warning

* locations... Jefferson... Oswego... and Lewis counties.

* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches today... 5 to 9 inches tonight...
4 to 7 inches Friday... 6 to 11 inches Friday night... 3 to 6
inches Saturday... and an inch or less Saturday evening...
leading to storm totals of more than 2 feet in the most
persistent lake snows.

Archived