mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we are certainly getting the precip. Whenever it rains, it sticks around for two or three days at least. Been that way ever since the start of fall. Need to keep it up and just have some cold air around. If we get it just cold enough, we will be in business. Would love to have a snow storm that lasts two or three days.

ahh, nice over there lots of new construction.

It certainly is, it's changed a lot just in the few years I've been living in this area. I much prefer the smaller city feel of Knightdale compared with the busy traffic and craziness of Raleigh. It didn't work out that well with the ice storm we had last year though, in January or February, the dividing line hovered near Raleigh for awhile and I was more on the ZR and sleet side whereas NW of me saw several more inches of snow. Also lost power for a bit.

What am I even looking at here?  This is not normal me no thinks.

cmc_z500a_c_exnamer_65.png

Looks like the control of the CMC, possibly the 384 hour map but can't quite tell. Essentially shows a deep trough over the east but unlikely to come close to what it depicts, control runs are usually worse than the ensemble mean and also are prone to major run to run changes.

It seems as if some have forgotten that it can snow in the SE without a negative NAO. We have not had sustained blocking for several winters, yet it has snowed. It looks like the blocking could set up for the second half of winter which would definitely help our chances for a big, slow moving system. However, saying we can't have a productive pattern without a negative NAO is just plain wrong.

Rant over.

Archived