amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in Roanoke, Virginia, for the past couple of days on a getaway with the wife and no kids.  We drove back part of the way on the BRP from Roanoke to Fancy Gap.  Here are observations.  We observed exactly 60 other vehicles (yes, we counted), 8 cemeteries, 4 pedestrians, 6 wild turkeys, 2 deer, and an abbey of Benedictine monks (seriously) along the 81-mile stretch.  It was rather barren, but beautiful.

Part of the BRP we traveled on passed through Floyd County, VA.  If I remember correctly, isn't that where you had the crazy awesome snowstorm that the NWS didn't believe was happening, jburns?  Beautiful country and very few people around there in Franklin, Floyd, and Patrick counties.

I've been in Roanoke, Virginia, for the past couple of days on a getaway with the wife and no kids. We drove back part of the way on the BRP from Roanoke to Fancy Gap. Here are observations. We observed exactly 60 other vehicles (yes, we counted), 8 cemeteries, 4 pedestrians, 6 wild turkeys, 2 deer, and an abbey of Benedictine monks (seriously) along the 81-mile stretch. It was rather barren, but beautiful.

Part of the BRP we traveled on passed through Floyd County, VA. If I remember correctly, isn't that where you had the crazy awesome snowstorm that the NWS didn't believe was happening, jburns? Beautiful country and very few people around there in Franklin, Floyd, and Patrick counties.

Wild Turkey is on my menu as well. :)

I've been in Roanoke, Virginia, for the past couple of days on a getaway with the wife and no kids.  We drove back part of the way on the BRP from Roanoke to Fancy Gap.  Here are observations.  We observed exactly 60 other vehicles (yes, we counted), 8 cemeteries, 4 pedestrians, 6 wild turkeys, 2 deer, and an abbey of Benedictine monks (seriously) along the 81-mile stretch.  It was rather barren, but beautiful.

Part of the BRP we traveled on passed through Floyd County, VA.  If I remember correctly, isn't that where you had the crazy awesome snowstorm that the NWS didn't believe was happening, jburns?  Beautiful country and very few people around there in Franklin, Floyd, and Patrick counties.

Used to travel those roads quite a bit . Had Grand parents in Radford. Fancy gap is beautiful.

I know you're a big FSU fan and this isn't a dig at you, but I was so happy they lost to Houston. I hate how every year big conference teams dominate. Anytime a small guy can get a win it's good for College Football. 

Herman doing work.  South Carolina missed out not hiring him.  Houston will be a power house soon.

Yep.  That's the place.

Archived