joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm was one of the greatest November snowstorms on record (not to mention one of the most scenic Ive ever seen). Just because it was a month before the solstice doesnt  mean it shouldnt count.

This January has definitely been a michsnowfreak type of month.

It hasn't been a torch, most of the days have been overcast, there has been snow on the ground most of the days (although not deep or uniform) and snowflakes have been in the air most of the time. 

Dusting off the big dog photo.   Avatar until we finally score a big dog.

Lol. I was just getting started on the boards when you originally posted it, but heard the story. I remember you posting it again a few years ago (on Eastern?). I can't help but chuckle when I see it just thinking about how DT reacted. 

Lol. I was just getting started on the boards when you originally posted it, but heard the story. I remember you posting it again a few years ago (on Eastern?). I can't help but chuckle when I see it just thinking about how DT reacted. 

Lol..I remember DT and buckeye going at it many a time. So glad we don't have to deal with DT and his explosive personality on here.

Haha DC was a low point. My random November storm slightly topped there epic blizzard.

I sent a text to a friend of mine and said WV would jackpot with 4 feet, 2 days before the storm hit.

At least some ski resorts got hit and it wasn't a complete waste.

Found this really interesting. Deepest snow depth by state.

http://www.weather.com/sports-recreation/ski/news/deepest-snow-50-states-record-snow-cover-20130220

Michigan- 117" Lake-effect snow routinely buries northern Michigan. On the Keweenaw Peninsula, Eagle Harbor sat under 117 inches of snow from Jan. 27-31, 1948.

New York- Whiteface Mountain, in the Adirondacks, piled up 119 inches of snow by April 20, 1943.

Wisconsin- Spring did not come early for northern Wisconsin in 1933. A record 83 inches of snow was on the ground at the Flambeau Reservoir on April 6 that year.

Illinois- Gebhard Woods State Park, on the Illinois River near Morris, had 41 inches of snow cover on Jan. 31, 1979.

Indiana/Ohio- Tied at 47"

Oh man, that Big Dog thing. It was back on Eastern and I laugh thinking about it. I wonder if anybody has it archived? And while I'm here I'd like to register a teeny point with any listening deities that I have not had a good storm recently but if I do get one I shall be extra good all summer.

Haha DC was a low point. My random November storm slightly topped there epic blizzard.

I sent a text to a friend of mine and said WV would jackpot with 4 feet, 2 days before the storm hit.

At least some ski resorts got hit and it wasn't a complete waste.

DCA measuring is in question, this isn't the first time that is the case either.

Check this out. Unreal

Not to rain on your 18" nov parade but it sounds like they easily finished with 20"+

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/23/washington-d-c-snowfall-total-called-into-question-after-improper-measurement/

For as infrequently as it snows in that area, you can always count on DCA lowballing and BWI inflating. IAD is probably the most accurate measurement (they usually get more anyway).

I think it's safe to say the bank re: the historic November storm is all spent. Josh may have some change left.

I'm happy for the northern storm pattern over the next week. Ontario trails are still a mess up there, I'm planning on heading up to SSM Ontario on the 12th through 15th period... and perhaps the next two book-ended weekends following that. I need some snow in that area.

It's similar to the Big Bay route near you, lots of rock sticking out of the trail... Oh, my cousin blew out his front A-Arms on a lame creek flowing over the trail in that area!

Archived