CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is sleet, if you switch over to the CC you can see the difference there as well in the bright banding

That band will probably transition to all snow by the time it reaches DC / Baltimore, with 500mb and 700mb temps cooling down.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear +TSSN reports soon either with the intense Omega values.

That is sleet, if you switch over to the CC you can see the difference there as well in the bright banding

Yeah can see that difference well. Watching the live coverage, will be interesting to see if it makes it to DC.

30"+ amounts yet to go in eastern WV/N VA.

acckucherasnowma.png

That band probably transition to all snow by the time it reaches DC / Baltimore, with the dynamic cooling occurring.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear +TSSN reports soon either with the low closing off.

Oh yeah. Most definitely, the warm air is staying back near Richmond.

So any guesses as to who Mike Trout is on here? :lol:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/weather-geek-mike-trout-joins-jim-cantore-to-report-on-1754703823?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

At least it is nice to know the best player in baseball is a crazy weather nerd like the rest of us.

So now many parts of Texas and Tennessee have seen more storm-related snow than I have. I love lake effect snow and its ability to make up for losses, but it doesn't stand a chance in any sort of thaw. Any chances at a better pattern going into February? Or should we just count our losses and look at next year?

So now many parts of Texas and Tennessee have seen more storm-related snow than I have. I love lake effect snow and its ability to make up for losses, but it doesn't stand a chance in any sort of thaw. Any chances at a better pattern going into February? Or should we just count our losses and look at next year?

Yes there's a chance. Have to hope that early month system doesn't cut too far north.

Well with almost 2/3 of met winter in the books, Would you want A big dog storm like "GHDIII" showing up on models? I say pass. For the sole reason it would be a shame to lay down a 12"+ snowpack to torch the next week, a sustained cold pattern in a super Nino just won't happen. A super Nino has to happen every some odd years, 15-20ish years, the best thing we can say is, the misery is almost over!

Well with almost 2/3 of met winter in the books, Would you want A big dog storm like "GHDIII" showing up on models? I say pass. For the sole reason it would be a shame to lay down a 12"+ snowpack to torch the next week, a sustained cold pattern in a super Nino just won't happen. A super Nino has to happen every some odd years, 15-20ish years, the best thing we can say is, the misery is almost over!

I take the big storm every time regardless of how fast it melts.

Well at least we don't see them very often. I'll take the snow no matter what.

Hopefully next winter will be in a deep la Niña.

Torch? You mean 5-10 degrees above your average high?

This winter sucks and will continue to suck. We were long overdue for real clunker. If things continue down the road we are on, then this winter will surpass 2012 on the ****ty chart. At least we got it out of the way. Severe season isn't that far and another pleasant summer to follow. Bring it on.

This winter sucks and will continue to suck. We were long overdue for real clunker. If things continue down the road we are on, then this winter will surpass 2012 on the ****ty chart. At least we got it out of the way. Severe season isn't that far and another pleasant summer to follow. Bring it on.

The 2011-2012 winter was the worst clunker I've experienced. I wouldn't really say we were overdue yet though. 

November's storm really saved this winter from being the worst. It's really hard for me to say it's the worst when I did see a 12"+ event. We had some real clunkers in the past.

We are extremely overdue for a sucky winter. When every single year is above to way above average snowfall, eventually the piper will be paid. But I cannot say how this winter ranks in terms of clunkers as there is so much to go. Snowfall is not even THAT much below normal to date, and winter is only half over. Snowcover has been pretty chincy, but not unexpected after demolishing snowpack records the last 2 winters.

So you would pass on the midatlantic storm? Because it will start melting in earnest in a day.

The November snowstorm was nothing more than some bonus snow. From then up to this point it has sucked and it's hard to turd polish it,

The storm was one of the greatest November snowstorms on record (not to mention one of the most scenic Ive ever seen). Just because it was a month before the solstice doesnt  mean it shouldnt count.

Archived