joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still early and February has a penchant for delivering but could be the first garbage winter after a decent 3 winter run.

I would say the temps are what has been kind of a downer in my book. Pond hockey, skiing and snowmobiling are all things I look forward to very much and with consistent stretches of time above freezing it makes those so much harder to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major zzzzz upcoming. I shouldn't be surprised given big cutters aren't common this time of year, but the pattern is reminding me of February from last year after the nice storm to begin the month, except not as extreme in the cold department.

still think we'll see a solid event as we transition out of the deep cold (although it's looking more likely in the southern portion of the sub)

once the pacific takes over again, i think we flip back to a more interesting active pattern

Major zzzzz upcoming. I shouldn't be surprised given big cutters aren't common this time of year...

?

Historically, majority of the subforum's most talked-about snowstorms (1978, 1967, 1999, 1992, etc.) all happened in January. 

In fact, 7 of Chicago's 10 largest snowstorms happend in January.

I'm resigned to enduring a crappy Nino winter for the next 45 days, then hoping for a Morch.

Ya, Butch...I am a svr wx guy as you noted in a previous post but I wouldn't mind a good snowstorm this season.  Yet as we get into Feb. I begin to worry about ice climo wise which I do not like.   It was slippery enough here this morning with a bit of freezing drizzle. 

Random banter....was looking at my albums from winter 2013-14, then looked at the f6 data for DTW. Its just insane the winter that we had, will probably never see that again. While it was awesome to experience, and was mind-boggling when it was happening, when you are actually looking back on it after the fact, its all the more incredible. Makes you wonder if all the most storied weather events of the past werent appreciated to the fullest until they were a memory, rather than when they were happening.

Archived