• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

Well, the first 2 weeks of the month don't support that.. plus, they trend colder in the later periods. It could be above normal, sure. I don't think it will be anywhere as close to above normal as that shows.

The first 2 weeks do support the dry part of the solution, unless you are near and downwind of the lakes.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said in Jeff Foxworthy's voice

You know you're having a sh-tty winter, when you just had your biggest snowstorm of the last 25 years and yet -- your running a seasonal deficit.

:lol: that is pretty rough....but there's always someone in worse shape.   Exhibit B,  Columbus OH - About ready to beat our latest first measurable snow record, and there's still no snow in sight on the LR models.   We aren't just going to beat the record, we are going to CRUSH it. 

Even '97-'98 was more severe up to this point

This map seems like it underestimates what has fallen in some areas, but posting it to show what a disaster it's been so far in the southern/eastern sections of the region.

percentsnow.png

Wonder how accurate it is for other areas. DTW is 70% of normal to date (7.5" vs normal 10.8") but that map has 25-50%. They are close to the 50-75% line though. Don't think anyone in SE MI is under 50%.

I'm having flash backs of winter in the low country.  No fall, occasional flurries, temps from the 60's dropping to the 30's with cold rain then dry dreary countless days of 30's and 20's, then 60's, then cold rain, then repeat.  If it wasn't for the Nov. surprise 3 incher I'd instictivly be heading out to Sullivans Island on New Years Day for the annual Polar Bear swim.

Well I wouldn't have had any snow last winter if it wasn't for the snow that fell last winter. lol

....and I wouldn't we be staring down the barrel of a latest first measurable snow record....if it had snowed even a tenth of an inch yet. lol    So maybe that's a silly thing to bring up as well.  Yea, I see your point.

Forecast the last three days has been for clear and sunny, yet it's been nearly 100% overcast (about 20 minutes of sun this morning).  :axe:

Yep, it seems that trapped low level moisture leads to forecast busts a lot this time of year. I've actually been getting light snow off and on since about 10 this morning. No accumulation, just skiffs of snow blowing across the pavement and lining the curbs. Had a partly cloudy forecast.

I laugh at APX posting a wwa for the Manistee Co. area for 8" of les. Around here, 8" would be a full-blown winter storm with the bread aisles cleared out.

Speaking of clearing out the aisles, just passed the 17th anniversary of the Blizzard of '99.  I remember what the stores were like on the 1st.

I laugh at APX posting a wwa for the Manistee Co. area for 8" of les. Around here, 8" would be a full-blown winter storm with the bread aisles cleared out.

Haha

Around here it seems like it takes 12"+ with blowing and drifting wording to get people running to the store. There was some nearly bare shelves before that big November storm.

It's a different ball game up there. I was just up in that area 6-7" fell New Year's Day... No headline, no nothing. Life just keeps going and the locals drive like crazy in the snow. Better get out of their way.

It's a different ball game up there. I was just up in that area 6-7" fell New Year's Day... No headline, no nothing. Life just keeps going and the locals drive like crazy in the snow. Better get out of their way.

You are correct, it takes a lot more than 6" to really bother anyone up here, but I have never really seen locals drive to bad in my past few years living up here. 

Archived