joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have had a sinus infection for 3 weeks and now on a second round of antibiotics. I'll beat this thing yet.

I had 2 of them already since the middle of December, both lasted 10 days each. 80% of the time antibiotics are worthless against sinus infections since they are usually viruses and Antibiotics only work against Bacteria. Time, lots of fluids, lots of sleep is the only remedy unfortunately.

I had 2 of them already since the middle of December, both lasted 10 days each. 80% of the time antibiotics are worthless against sinus infections since they are usually viruses and Antibiotics only work against Bacteria. Time, lots of fluids, lots of sleep is the only remedy unfortunately.

I was actually not feeling right around Christmas but it seemed to quickly pass. Then it came on strongly a few weeks ago...my doctor said that is not uncommon and a flag for bacterial.

Have had a sinus infection for 3 weeks and now on a second round of antibiotics. I'll beat this thing yet.

A year ago to the date I first started realizing symptoms of what turned out to be pneumonia ... something about illness makes you appreciate the healthy days so much more. My best to you and hope you feel better soon

Even though met winter has been pretty terrible so far, the overall season ranks higher than 11-12 for me. We had the 8.5" snow in Nov, and then the severe event Dec 23rd.

Subtract the historic November storm, and this thread would have been pounded much much earlier. Seemed to pacify the snow lovers for about 3-4 weeks, lol.

This winter is on pace to be significantly worse than 11-12 in regards to totals, but doesn't feel quite as awful as it didn't start with a near record futility streak. I don't think I got my first inch in 11-12 until the second week of January. If this winter started like that, it would have been miserable. Although with the raging record Nino, we should have known this was coming.

Ready for Morch, and a nice green up so I can start testing this surgically repaired back and arm on the golf course. Also hoping for a super Nina, and lock us in a nice storm track for next season.

Just our of curiosity, where is everyone getting MORCH from? Wishful thinking? I absolutely HATE spring with a passion like no other. And if I could make winter last as long as possible and have summer start early....I would!

Morch happened one time and now it's predicted every March.

FYP

Care to share any evidence to the contrary? Fact is there is literally no snow cover to our southwest, and we have been overperforming in the temperature department for a week already. This has the makings of an early spring unless we somehow get a snowstorm to put down a lot of snow cover fast. Without it, the dry ground will continue to warm quickly and we will continue to bust forecast expectations.

Hell then you combine that with the fact that there is minimal ice coverage over the Great Lakes as well. Notice how these cold snaps come in less impressive? That isn't just by coincidence.

Care to share any evidence to the contrary? Fact is there is literally no snow cover to our southwest, and we have been overperforming in the temperature department for a week already. This has the makings of an early spring unless we somehow get a snowstorm to put down a lot of snow cover fast. Without it, the dry ground will continue to warm quickly and we will continue to bust forecast expectations.

Hell then you combine that with the fact that there is minimal ice coverage over the Great Lakes as well. Notice how these cold snaps come in less impressive? That isn't just by coincidence.

Will temps be 3 - 5F higher than they would be otherwise? Sure.

Will the lack of snowcover or ice cover on the great lakes reduce troughing patterns, no.

Troughs or ridges. That's the core of the issue. What will we have?

Will temps be 3 - 5F higher than they would be otherwise? Sure.

Will the lack of snowcover or ice cover on the great lakes reduce troughing patterns, no.

Troughs or ridges. That's the core of the issue. What will we have?

Actually the lack of snow cover and ice coverage would help make troughs transient especially in a nonblocking pattern like we have currently. Furthermore 3-5F makes a huge difference down here when most storms start to get marginal in the thermo fields Feb 20th and beyond.

Actually the lack of snow cover and ice coverage would help make troughs transient especially in a nonblocking pattern like we have currently. Furthermore 3-5F makes a huge difference down here when most storms start to get marginal in the thermo fields Feb 20th and beyond.

You know what I'm thinking.

Before anyone rips into me, this is a Great Lakes subforum, not metro Detroit or Chicagoland.

You know what I'm thinking.

Before anyone rips into me, this is a Great Lakes subforum, not metro Detroit or Chicagoland.

Yes you are thinking about snowmobiling, the fact is this is a weather forum for the Great Lakes region. Pretty much no one does what you do, nor do they travel or live in the UP where all the snow will be. Facts are facts, it is going to be an early spring for pretty much everyone except some deer and Bo in the UP.

Yes you are thinking about snowmobiling, the fact is this is a weather forum for the Great Lakes region. Pretty much no one does what you do, nor do they travel or live in the UP where all the snow will be. Facts are facts, it is going to be an early spring for pretty much everyone except some deer and Bo in the UP.

True. My weather interests predate my outdoor sports interests. I got into this because I was a snow weenie. It just made me into a bigger one. I also like severe weather, just not in DJF.

There are a few posters who live in those areas besides Bo, but yes we are in the minority. 

Or.... It will be enough to wipe all the snow cover out region wide, including the UP. GRR even hit on a torch pattern in its recent AFD.

I agree, I think we are on borrowed time even for NWL and UP snow belts, the stratospheric warming event will help give us a quick shot of cold but don't think it will stay around to long. This El-Ninio has been a dagger in the hearts of many for a decent winter. 

Archived