• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

Oh yeah I can definitely see how you and others inside the lake influence region want, and root for a cold pattern. At least if the pattern is cold it maintains the existing snow cover up there, and of course gives you more LES ops. However, down here southwest of the lakes these types of patterns are pretty dull lol. Although, in certain situations where we have existing deep cover I could live with cold and dry to maintain the wintry look of things.

Myself, I'm a 4-season enthusiast. I'll take whatever ol' ma nature delivers as long as it's somewhat interesting and fun to track/forecast. :guitar:

We just had a nice 1 inch coating of LES at my house. That little bit of energy hit the lake and exploded.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone is calling for a Morch. That was such an anomalous stretch of weather that isnt likely to repeat soon so hopefully nobody takes any calls for it too seriously.

If you like warm weather then it doesn't get much better so I think we'll be seeing Morch posts for a long time though.

Man I'd love to see another version of March 2006, or even 1990.  Both featured some very nice early season warmth and significant tornado events in the region.

Obviously, the Morch calls are being made tongue-in-cheek. No one realistically expects a repeat of such to occur, at least not in our lifetimes.

But that said, the tongue-in-cheek calls are in reference to the fact that we've had such a long, unrelenting 3+ year stretch of normal to below normal temps, and numerous periods of unseasonably cold temps, aside the last 3 Mays and September - December 2015.

It's time for a change

Obviously, the Morch calls are being made tongue-in-cheek. No one realistically expects a repeat of such to occur, at least not in our lifetimes.

But that said, the tongue-in-cheek calls are in reference to the fact that we've had such a long, unrelenting 3+ year stretch of normal to below normal temps, and numerous periods of unseasonably cold temps, aside the last 3 Mays and September - December 2015.

It's time for a change

Trolling is the new "in" thing in weather forums.

I am as guilty as anyone using the "Morch" buzzword. Probably safer, especially with the huge negative impacts Morch has later in the spring/summer, to pull for a slightly above average March. One has to think that the chances of seeing historic/record breaking extended warmth twice in less than five years is slim.

About the same chances of seeing the back-to-back arctic cold February 2014 & 2015?

One would think you don't park your cars on a frozen lake at the end of March...Oh, wait.....

:P

Down with the stomach flu this weekend. I can never keep anything down and my wife is worried about dehydration and running me to the ER. How do you guys stay hydrated when you have this horrible virus?

Gatorade or Powerade.

If u really wanna get cute. It works on kids is pedialyte

Gatorade or Powerade.

If u really wanna get cute. It works on kids is pedialyte

:) Yeah, I was doing Emitrol and then drinking sips of powerade every few minutes, and the taking some more Emitrol. It was working for about an hour...until it all came up again...6 different times. I think I should just have an IV at home for when I get the flu...

I would never park my car on a frozen lake, but that's just me...

Que Sera, Sera.

Haha...Agreed! Maybe if I lived in Northern Maine, where they actually have winter roads going across lakes.

You should lose your Michigan card for asking that question. :lol:

vernors.jpg

LOL! To be honest, I hate Vernors...bleh! BUT, I lose my Michigan card twice...I don't like Vernors, and I call those carbonated drinks "soda"! Of course, I am native to eastern PA...so that's my excuse. :P

Archived