amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Joaquin/ULL inland flooding threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else's winds starting to really crank up now? We are probably gusting up towards tropical storm force here in the Piedmont of NC. Definitely going to be some trees popping tomorrow

It's been breezy all day here, but I noticed the gusts are a lot higher right now. Especially since we're right on the edge of the wall of rain.

Are they still planning to have the Notre Dame vs Clemson game tomorrow night? That could be a very dicey situation.

Yep,

I've thought about driving my tractor over there tomorrow night to see how much money I can make pulling people out of the mud. I only live about 2 miles from the stadium.

It's going to be a disaster area when the game is over....

51 tomorrow? My NWS forecast says 62.

Saw it on the cable weather they where doing future cast model precip overlay with temp underneath. Whatever model it was showed 51 at 300 pm with drizzle. I'd lean with the nws, but I can see it staying below 59 all day tomorrow, if it did rise to 61 it may be toward midnight as the wind looses it's ne punch and the cad isn't as intense. Why can't we get a ull track under us in the winter like this.

Yep,

I've thought about driving my tractor over there tomorrow night to see how much money I can make pulling people out of the mud. I only live about 2 miles from the stadium.

It's going to be a disaster area when the game is over....

I'm bringing a sleeping bag and extra supplies (might have to get extra booze ;) ) just in case I get cut off.  I'm more worried about where I'm going to park.  Some of the Iptay lots will be under water and if we get as much rain as being shown, I wouldn't be surprised if the indoor practice facility takes on water.  The stadium is in a low spot on campus with a dike holding out Lake Hartwell nearby.

I think Lake Lure down to LAke Toxaway may be the hardest hit area other than the midlands of SC. They always do extremely well with moisture coming in from the S and SE which also optimizes uplift on the escarpment.

I think that area and an area from Bat Cave up the eastern escarpment through Marion and up to North Cove will get crushed.  Catawba River in many places approaching bankful in a hurry.

Yep. We had 12 total from this last weekend but with the drought we were in at the time, nothing major really happened. I noticed after the inch of rain we got today Crooked Creek has already reached its bank in several places. Should be an interesting weekend. 

Archived