BullCityWx

mcd0546.gif

"THE GUIDANCE INDICATES A GRADUAL SOUTHWESTWARD PIVOTING OF THE

DEEP MOISTURE PLUME/RAINFALL AXIS THIS AFTERNOON WHICH WILL

INCREASE THE RAINFALL AND FLASH FLOODING CONCERNS FOR THE UPSTATE

AREAS OF SOUTH CAROLINA AND ALSO SOUTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA WHERE

VERY STRONG UPSLOPE FLOW IS BEING FORECAST BY THE MODELS"

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/metwatch/metwatch_mpd_multi.php?md=546&yr=2015

Would that include the foothills of NC? With the upslope effect and such. I know last week in Morganton it sure did help us out!

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be long before Ladson, Summerville, Goose Creek, North Charleston are the same way. I picked up over 7" of rain locally and a deluge this morning on my way to work, I could not see 100 ft in front of me on Ladson Rd.

In my 43 years, I have never seen anything like this, this prolonged incessant 1" per hour+ rain rates.

Won't be long before Ladson, Summerville, Goose Creek, North Charleston are the same way. I picked up over 7" of rain locally and a deluge this morning on my way to work, I could not see 100 ft in front of me on Ladson Rd.

In my 43 years, I have never seen anything like this, this prolonged incessant 1" per hour+ rain rates.

Be safe out there Mike  :wub:    It doesn't look to stop anytime soon either  :( 

Models should not be looked at now

Indeed   ;) 

The radar is reloading along the coast to cae. See if it gets to the upstate. Feels kind of weird. This is like cheering on an ice storm.

:lol:  Indeed   :lol:   

Radar looks really good for a great afternoon in front of the tv watching football   :thumbsup:   :D  

The parking lot at the Harris Teeter on Harborview Rd (which never floods) is flooded today. It's incredible.

IMO,

Totals are going to be lower the father inland you go b/c convection is extending much further out into the atlantic than the models showed... Some of the heaviest rain is falling offshore right now. It seems like those storms are running out of steam and creating subsidence over the upstate right now.

post-309-0-40153100-1443884419_thumb.jpg

Lots of whining and complaining going on in here with no basis in facts and numbers.  (I do appreciate the thoughtful posts with data, images, and analysis.)

Confirmation bias FTW:

"Because I didn't get the exact amounts forecasted today, I never get to cash in.  I live in the worst place in the world for extreme weather.  The skies hate me and MBY.  What did I ever do to this ULL to deserve this treatment?  Hurricane?  What hurricane?  This is a drizzle storm.  Yada, yada, yada..."

Take it to the banter thread, please. 

Lots of whining and complaining going on in here with no basis in facts and numbers.  (I do appreciate the thoughtful posts with data, images, and analysis.)

Confirmation bias FTW:

"Because I didn't get the exact amounts forecasted today, I never get to cash in.  I live in the worst place in the world for extreme weather.  The skies hate me and MBY.  What did I ever do to this ULL to deserve this treatment?  Hurricane?  What hurricane?  This is a drizzle storm.  Yada, yada, yada..."

Take it to the banter thread, please

This!     :angry: 

Seems like charleston is getting what Columbia was suppose to get and Columbia is getting gsp numbers. Gsp will get 5 inches I guess. I think it is bc the cane is further out. No complaints here

Do you even read this thread? sigh 

Jim Cantore is live at falls park, on the bridge!

The river is super high! Time to go photobomb!

In Greenville!

The river is looking a little wild behind him. I'll be looking for ya  :lol: 

Radar is primedhttp://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=cae&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes and I'm watching gameday  :wub: 

Just an awful situation here. The list of roads closed is too numerous to list. Tornadoes possible now from the storms that are coming in now. Wind gusts over 30 mph with the rain.

Just had a lightning strike and thunder in Goose Creek but the rains are moderate but the lightest it's been all morning. Already over 7" with some spots well over 10".

Damn man...stay safe. I can't imagine how bad things are going to be before it's all over.

RAP does the same.  Really brings it back farther into Georgia than I had thought it would.

rap and harr have done a decent job this morning of picking up this west trend. I tell you yesterday/last evening it really looked like the heavy stuff was going to stay in south carolina. Models had me going from 12 inches to as little as an inch or even less...and it wasn't just one, but all of them except the euro and the 4km nam...but even those weren't impressive.  Quite the turn around this morning though with every single one of them trending west and putting the athens/northeast ga area right back into it.

Driving around most of the day, I've been absolutely amazed at how heavy the rain has been given the light returns on radar. Just outside of gainesville about an hour and half ago, it was an absolute downpour while radar returns weren't impressive at all.  There was already some minor flooding and it hadn't been raining but maybe 10 minutes. Under estimation is Especially true here...as of about 15 minutes ago radar estimated less than 0.10 of an inch here..in reality I had already picked up just about exactly 1 inch. It's absolutely pouring here now with dbzs of only 15 to 20. So for those to the west, don't be deceived by how light the returns are because there is a lot more than meets the eye.

I noticed that FFC expanded their FFW to the Georgia border counties just south of me. Looks to me like that firehose of moisture isn't hitting a wall at the mountains so far. I've had 3.5" so far IMBY. BTW, TVA drained a lot of volume out of its reservoirs this week, so there should be more flood storage in the WNC mountains that are part of the TN river watershed.

Archived