Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Joaquin/ULL inland flooding threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest HRRR through midnight... :lmao:   You can't make this stuff up, rain holed...

Par for the course!  And you know that will be right.

Raining here in Greenville, SC again. Is the Atlantic doing the stealing, instead of the Florida coast? Can't remember the last time I saw that.  

I'm just guessing and am probably wrong.  But the fact that models had precipitation falling most of the day, and now it's not, means something isn't acting like they thought.  Looking at the radar, there's no obvious convection robbing going on, but it may be happening offshore, out of the radar's view.  Or it may be something else entirely.  Maybe somebody else can chime in.

Yes, models possibly are increasing QPF for us, but the radar right now is really pathetic. So much for all this moisture influx...this is a below average for even a regular rain event much less for potential flooding.

Somebody between you and I , won't be saying that by tomorrow ! Somebody will be getting firehosed!

RAH hinted at this killing our rain, LOL

A MESO LOW NOW TRACKING NORTHWARD

THROUGH THE CENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN HAS IN ITS WAKE SOME WEAK RELATIVE

SUBSIDENCE LEADING TO A REDUCTION IN RAINFALL INTENSITY TO ITS SOUTH

IN RECENT HOURS. THE LATEST HRRR HINTS AT THIS

Well, there you go.  If it's not convection, it's subsidence.  If it's not subsidence, it's dry slot.  If it's not dry slot, it's.....:lol:

It is about time to Nowcast

Ah, that phrase brings back so many memories of fail.

Yes, models possibly are increasing QPF for us, but the radar right now is really pathetic.  So much for all this moisture influx...this is a below average for even a regular rain event much less for potential flooding.

Ah, the reason why that phrase brings back so many memories of fail. 

Somebody between you and I , won't be saying that by tomorrow ! Somebody will be getting firehosed!

I kept reading all this hype about the in-flux of moisture from multiple feeds and then you look at the radar today....I think I will take the under on 10" QPF being the max anywhere in NC/SC.  In fact 6-8" is probably max worst case and that will be very localized.  

RAH hinted at this killing our rain, LOL

A MESO LOW NOW TRACKING NORTHWARD

THROUGH THE CENTRAL COASTAL PLAIN HAS IN ITS WAKE SOME WEAK RELATIVE

SUBSIDENCE LEADING TO A REDUCTION IN RAINFALL INTENSITY TO ITS SOUTH

IN RECENT HOURS. THE LATEST HRRR HINTS AT THIS

So basically your saying instead of getting all this rain in western NC we are going to get a dud of a storm meaning 1-2 inches?

So basically your saying instead of getting all this rain in western NC we are going to get a dud of a storm meaning 1-2 inches?

Not for western NC, yours comes tomorrow-Sunday.  Central NC was supposed to be getting there 2-4" today and it's looking like 1" or so.  The eastern part of NC should do well.

Sucks for us need this axis to shifts its like a water hose pointed right at us, I have gotten 1.5" since 9:30 and that's most likely low ball since the wind keeps it going sideways....

Looks like those of us to your east are getting a little bit of a break. Is there some dry air coming in from our east or is it another anomaly?

Not for western NC, yours comes tomorrow-Sunday.  Central NC was supposed to be getting there 2-4" today and it's looking like 1" or so.  The eastern part of NC should do well.

So if you don't mind me asking how much we talking about Rain total wise for western NC? Say around Hickory NC in the Foothills and points west?

I kept reading all this hype about the in-flux of moisture from multiple feeds and then you look at the radar today....I think I will take the under on 10" QPF being the max anywhere in NC/SC. In fact 6-8" is probably max worst case and that will be very localized.

WNC and upstate of SC will raise you on that bet

Latest HRRR through midnight... :lmao:   You can't make this stuff up, rain holed...

Hey, I'm in that circle too!

Speaking of rain, #9 ND vs #12 Clemson on the other hand... 6"+ rain falling ON Saturday, depending on the model and forecasts could get 10"+ in Clemson, SC....kickoff is 8pm, sustained winds 15-20mph with gusts up to 40mph (4km NAM, nws has 25 mph gusts), should be fun...A lot of the models have the rain pounding during the 2nd half, some models are dry. It will be amazing if they play.

So if you don't mind me asking how much we talking about Rain total wise for western NC? Say around Hickory NC in the Foothills and points west?

My favorite model in this range is the RGEM and this is what it's most recent run spit out.    Looks overdone by alot for my locale though...I would think your area would get hit really hard (6-10") but I think I have been watching to many models, so that's probably overdone.

post-2311-0-57544100-1443807543_thumb.pn

Hey, I'm in that circle too!

Speaking of rain, #9 ND vs #12 Clemson on the other hand... 6"+ rain falling ON Saturday, depending on the model and forecasts could get 10"+ in Clemson, SC....kickoff is 8pm, sustained winds 15-20mph with gusts up to 40mph (4km NAM, nws has 25 mph gusts), should be fun...A lot of the models have the rain pounding during the 2nd half, some models are dry. It will be amazing if they play.

Clemson said their field drainage is great and they don't expect any problems. I could not imagine watching a game in those conditions. I bet it will be chilly as well. Wet, cold, and windy. No thanks for ANY football game

Clemson said their field drainage is great and they don't expect any problems. I could not imagine watching a game in those conditions. I bet it will be chilly as well. Wet, cold, and windy. No thanks for ANY football game

Yeah I believe it will still be a playable pitch but it will have tons of moisture, especially if they get under some heavy stagnant bands for 2 straight hours, unless they have a huge vacuum under the field it won't keep up. I agree, I don't expect to see many fans if the second half is played

LOL, you saw that....it says we get 7-10" QPF by tonight.  The CMC and 12km NAM are so useless.

Haha...it has that death band coming back through the area too.  If we go by my rule that ULLs usually end up weaker and farther north than forecast, then southern NC definitely should not let their guard down.

Haha...it has that death band coming back through the area too.  If we go by my rule that ULLs usually end up weaker and farther north than forecast, then southern NC definitely should not let their guard down.

Euro has it weaker and a little north, we shall see what difference it makes, if any.

Archived