Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Joaquin/ULL inland flooding threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I believe it will still be a playable pitch but it will have tons of moisture, especially if they get under some heavy stagnant bands for 2 straight hours, unless they have a huge vacuum under the field it won't keep up. I agree, I don't expect to see many fans if the second half is played

You've also got Georgia/Alabama in Athens......it's a shame that the game and crowd could be ruined by torrential rain.....hopefully the axis of heaviest precip will stay just east of the Athens area.

- Buck

Judging by the 12z data coming in I'd say 8-10 is a safe bet

Sounds good to me my main wonder is if I get at least 6 inches or not?

My favorite model in this range is the RGEM and this is what it's most recent run spit out.    Looks overdone by alot for my locale though...I would think your area would get hit really hard (6-10") but I think I have been watching to many models, so that's probably overdone.

If I can get to 6inches I'm fine with that but what are my odds ?

I was so ready for today's biblical rainfall that I took the cone and inner tube out of the rain gauge to avoid any splash loss during the downpours. So far... .23" :flood:

LOL...it's partly sprinkling here in Apex.  The Euro does go bonkers over CLT on Sunday/Monday, not as much as GFS but around 6-8" with 10"+ around GSP.  There is a brick wall at the Wake Co. line on the Euro with getting rain in here over the weekend...good news is we won't need our umbrellas this weekend.

LOL...it's partly sprinkling here in Apex. The Euro does go bonkers over CLT on Sunday/Monday, not as much as GFS but around 6-8" with 10"+ around GSP. There is a brick wall at the Wake Co. line on the Euro with getting rain in here over the weekend...good news is we won't need our umbrellas this weekend.

Does it bring it in on Monday? The north trend will continue, by the way.

Sounds good to me my main wonder is if I get at least 6 inches or not?

If I can get to 6inches I'm fine with that but what are my odds ?

How many times are you gonna ask the same question...lol

Why does this make you happy?

It's going to happen, so enjoy the experience. I can't stop it, you can't stop it, we can't stop it. It's a 1/1000 year event that I will get to check off my weather extreme survival list. My supplies are in order, I have a plan(just in case), there's nothing more I can do but experience it....I'm a weenie.....isn't that why we are all here?  

It's going to happen, so enjoy the experience. I can't stop it, you can't stop it, we can't stop it. It's a 1/1000 year event that I will get to check off my weather extreme survival list. My supplies are in order, I have a plan(just in case), there's nothing more I can do but experience it....I'm a weenie.....isn't that why we are all here?  

Do you mind me asking what is your plan? 

Kind of my feelings as well. If it's going to happen and be bad, it may as well be epic. I'm prepared for the worst.

Do you mind me asking what is your plan? 

It's the same general hurricane/winter storm/tornado outbreak plan every family should have, in case the need to evacuate or being "cut off" for a few days. I've prepared the best I can to cover my bases. Firewood,charcoal,candles,batteries,vehicles filled up, important things in protective cases and readily accessible, route out in gps, ice, water, food, drinks, etc.    :D  

Kind of my feelings as well. If it's going to happen and be bad, it may as well be epic. I'm prepared for the worst.

:hug: Xenia, AZ flooding in Tucson,Blizzards, Hugo, earthquakes....this is one more to check off  :lol: 

Amazing how chatty it got in here now the models have NC back in play for historic rains!! I'll take my 8-12"! Rivers already very high!

LOL, after today's debacle here, there is no way anyone receives 10" of rain, ain't happening. Max will be 6-8" and that may be high and very localized.

EURO, NAM and GFS all have vast differences depending on location.  One thing for sure, though, someone in South Carolina is going to get dumped on.  Places in Georgia (where I am) there are stark differences.  NAM and GFS have backed off of totals for places like Athens.  The NAM dry slots Athens, GFS shows like 1.5", EURO shows 4" roughly.  The NDFD shows 6.5" for Athens.  

We've done well today. I dumped another 1.4 out of my rain gauge today and that puts me at 8.3 and still raining for a little while longer.

You guys in central NC just need to look south at that explosion of precip racing NW ri8ght towards yall. Its like the eastern onshore flow that dumped on us all day is being turned off and a new faucet has been turned on directed right at you guys.

Archived