• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Joaquin 2015

Solak

This is a cat 3 already pressure wise. Winds will follow suite. The longer the plane hangs out there you'll see. Just saw 113 and it hadn't got to nw quad yet. Hwrf and gfdl are basically lock step with each other. Also the way this trough goes negative tilt is gonna vent it perfect not to mention the warm ssts. Tell you it's the perfect prog setting up to allow the storm to get maximum benefit conducive to writing a new chapter in history. Reminds of Hazel how it fester ed a little futher south then used a negative tilted trough and barcilonic environment to go to town in October of 54 I beleive.

It's the weenie in me; but with the perfect set of conditions this thing has and the distance it has to travel over some of the warmest water ever recorded, is Hugo/Andrew intensity possible here?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My assumption was right to not count SC out.  Better modeling/data should be coming through the next day or so to really nail down a better spot.  The Euro solution is starting to become something to be ignored if this keeps up.  The storm is rapidly strengthening.

Very intrigued to see what happens tonight with the ensembles.

With the ULL and Joaquin not totally out of the question, the mountains definitely need to keep an eye out for some potential devastating flooding. I know in some of my fellow foothill communities we are still drying out from this past weekend where some people picked up 10+ inches. Should be an interesting weekend thats for sure.

Fishel is really holding on to the Euro.  He says that he's not convinced it isn't wrong yet, considering its domination over the American model in recent years.

He's still got time, another 24 hours or so, to come around ... or to look like a genius if the Euro holds. How folks predict the weekend will be remembered, not what was said Wednesday. Or Tuesday, when Maze kept telling viewers that "none of our upcoming weather will have anything to do with Joaquin. It won't be anywhere near North Carolina."

With the ULL and Joaquin not totally out of the question, the mountains definitely need to keep an eye out for some potential devastating flooding. I know in some of my fellow foothill communities we are still drying out from this past weekend where some people picked up 10+ inches. Should be an interesting weekend thats for sure.

Yes this area in the foothills and back to the mountains needs to be very watchful as this could be devastating.  As we speak we currently have heavy heavy rain falling and have picked up well over an inch already tonight.  Not going to be a good 3-5 days here in WNC.

honestly if i was you i'd start getting nervous a little by now since even   south carolina is now in the game for a possible landfall at this point..which the jma of all models had progged the last 2 runs interestingly enough. it's crazy how far west the models keep trending...and this is with the sampling data. i'm sure nc is still the likely area but each run just keeps trending further.

A SC hit may end up worse for NC as we'd be on the N side of the storm.

He's still got time, another 24 hours or so, to come around ... or to look like a genius if the Euro holds. How folks predict the weekend will be remembered, not what was said Wednesday. Or Tuesday, when Maze kept telling viewers that "none of our upcoming weather will have anything to do with Joaquin. It won't be anywhere near North Carolina."

Technically, Maze is correct. The upcoming weather (wed, thur, fri) is not related to Juaquin. Should that come this way, it will only add insult to injury that the ULL is starting to show this evening.

Is there anything to suggest this thing is capable of becoming a cat 5 hurricane ? Has a cat 5 hurricane ever made landfall in NC ?

No, and I can't think of a 4 that has ever hit NC if you're a stickler for Hazel officially having made landfall about a mile south of the border.

Was there any other 4?

He's hugging the Euro. Says its higher resolution is picking up something all the other models aren't. He just tweeted it out...

More power to him and it then because right now the trend is not it's or his friend. I know many love the euro but it's not infallible.

btw..wanted to pass along this link for those who don't have it. This page  allows you to pretty much post all models/runs ...including clicking on points which show each models estimated strength, speed, pressure, and quite a few other options. uses google maps/earth.

http://www.tropicalatlantic.com/modelsystem/data.cgi?basin=al&year=2015&storm=11

Archived