• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Joaquin 2015

Solak

Joaquin had the dreaded pinhole eye and I'm not surprised that it strengthened, but wasn't expecting that kind of strengthening. This is a nightmare scenario in the now term for the Bahamas. A rapidly strengthening storm basically in their neighborhood. Joaquin will probably be cat 3 by daybreak or late tonight. Geez.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joaquin had the dreaded pinwheel eye and I'm not surprised that it strengthened, but wasn't expecting that kind of strengthening. This is a nightmare scenario in the now term for the Bahamas. A rapidly strengthening storm basically in their neighborhood. Joaquin will probably be cat 3 by daybreak or late tonight. Geez.

Yeah totally cut off any dry air and looks to be trying to get the inner core built up, then we could see several ERC as it expands it wind field over the next 36 hrs this could get to be a pretty big cane.....

Yeah totally cut off any dry air and looks to be trying to get the inner core built up, then we could see several ERC as it expands it wind field over the next 36 hrs this could get to be a pretty big cane.....

Yep. This is a situation where megatons of dynamite was placed and the fuse about to be lit. Clearly wasn't expecting thia late season tropical beast in the making.

Already storm force winds out to 125 miles. That would be an enormous impact across the vast majority of NC and into Va in terms of downed trees and power outages. (Assuming a west track into NC)

so....lets see.....who's camp are yall in?  EURO is EAST and no biggie (just the ULL)  or GFS and GFS based products, ukie and CMC are WEST?

For sanity's sake I want to say Euro... My gut says the blocking and ULL are going to force it to the coast. I'm glad I don't get paid to make potential life threatening forecasts.

This is over performing as bad as Erika, I think was a bust!?

nah there were lots of indicators that this thing was gonna go boom once it got to the Bahamas and the shear relaxed, the thing is well ventilated and has copious amounts of super warm ocean and really good tropical feeds to hook up too....then as it moves north the ULL cut off will give it a channel as well so this thing could be a well feed monster up till landfall and it has potential to be a major when it hits. I think it more likely its a high end Ct 2 or Cat 3 at landfall than a TS  or weak Cat 1.....

This is a cat 3 already pressure wise. Winds will follow suite. The longer the plane hangs out there you'll see. Just saw 113 and it hadn't got to nw quad yet. Hwrf and gfdl are basically lock step with each other. Also the way this trough goes negative tilt is gonna vent it perfect not to mention the warm ssts. Tell you it's the perfect prog setting up to allow the storm to get maximum benefit conducive to writing a new chapter in history. Reminds of Hazel how it fester ed a little futher south then used a negative tilted trough and barcilonic environment to go to town in October of 54 I beleive.

I read best track updated to 100kt so we have a major, can anyone confirm?

Well that data was received... and it was not even in the NE-quad so you can assume, given that that is the strongest part of this Joaquin, the number will go up.

Yep. This is a situation where megatons of dynamite was placed and the fuse about to be lit. Clearly wasn't expecting thia late season tropical beast in the making.

honestly if i was you i'd start getting nervous a little by now since even   south carolina is now in the game for a possible landfall at this point..which the jma of all models had progged the last 2 runs interestingly enough. it's crazy how far west the models keep trending...and this is with the sampling data. i'm sure nc is still the likely area but each run just keeps trending further.

11L_tracks_latest.png

Archived