• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

Nobody's Fool and Gypsy Road, FTW!

Yep, actually heard Nobody's Fool and Don't Know What You Got on the radio today!  Last Train and Coming Home are great songs too. Folky bluesy hard rock, gotta love it. One of my favorite voices in rock, period.   

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, actually heard Nobody's Fool and Don't Know What You Got on the radio today! Last Train and Coming Home are great songs too. Folky bluesy hard rock, gotta love it. One of my favorite voices in rock, period.

Agree with the voice! Hear Gypsy Road on 101, every once in awhile, and actually own that cd, Long Cold Winter!

Sebastian Bach, had a good voice from that time, until he messed it up! Looking forward to VH in CLT tomorrow !!

Well guys, I just found out that more than likely I'll be moving to Amsterdam for work around October/November. I still plan on being active on here. On a plus note I'll be in an awesome European country and be up for every Euro run lol. 

That's a big move. Sorry you are going to miss out on the biggest winter ever in NC.

Well guys, I just found out that more than likely I'll be moving to Amsterdam for work around October/November. I still plan on being active on here. On a plus note I'll be in an awesome European country and be up for every Euro run lol. 

And I thought moving from Charlotte to Raleigh was a big move for work. congrats! 

Nice! I hope this means a huge promotion, etc.. :)

You're gonna miss Bricks huge "Winter of failtm"

Congrats buddy, glad that worked out. Hope you are close to an airport so you can fly home for a chase. We need to break the Blazer in.

Agree with the voice! Hear Gypsy Road on 101, every once in awhile, and actually own that cd, Long Cold Winter!

Sebastian Bach, had a good voice from that time, until he messed it up! Looking forward to VH in CLT tomorrow !!

Bach was awesome. I was always a big Scorpions fan too, Klaus Meine still has it. 

Congrats! 

Wow, that's pretty far north in latitude. At least you will see more snow !

At least it snows some in Amsterdam.  I'm having a hard time digging up averages, though.  I'd imagine it's less than here, but I'm not sure.

lol, you live at 36 degrees latitude and Amsterdam is 52 degrees latitude. Why would you think you get more snow than Amsterdam ? Anyway, according to wikipedia Amsterdam has 26 snowy days a year. It doesn't say how many inches though.

lol, you live at 36 degrees latitude and Amsterdam is 52 degrees latitude. Why would you think you get more snow than Amsterdam ? Anyway, according to wikipedia Amsterdam has 26 snowy days a year. It doesn't say how many inches though.

No.  The Gulf Stream has huge effects on the weather.  We see a lot more snow here than in London, for example.

Congratulations, Burger!  Working in Amsterdam for a while, will be an awesome experience, I'm sure.  There will be things that are better in Europe than here in the US, but there will also be things that you will miss.  But, what an adventure!

I will miss your PBP during the winter.  Even though you plan on being active here, I can't imagine you would continue to devote as much time to it as you have in the past.

Best of luck!

Thanks, everyone, it's not 100% certain yet but it's about 90% likely. I'll know for sure by the end of this month. I'm very excited and I already told my CEO I'm ready to take it on. My wife and I have always wanted to live abroad so this is a nice check off on the old bucket list. Yea I plan on doing PBP for big storms cause well, it'll probably comfort my home sickness...or make it worse. I guess I'll find out. 

Thanks, everyone, it's not 100% certain yet but it's about 90% likely. I'll know for sure by the end of this month. I'm very excited and I already told my CEO I'm ready to take it on. My wife and I have always wanted to live abroad so this is a nice check off on the old bucket list. Yea I plan on doing PBP for big storms cause well, it'll probably comfort my home sickness...or make it worse. I guess I'll find out.

is it a temporary or permanent move ?

Amsterdam is not known for snow.  It is known for dark dreary days in winter.  For instance, January average 50 hours of sun, for the entire month.  

Amsterdam is not known for snow.  It is known for dark dreary days in winter.  For instance, January average 50 hours of sun, for the entire month.  

I found a bit more on snowfall.

Winter can actually be very pleasant in Amsterdam. It does snow here occasionally, but rarely more than a dusting, and the sight of a thin layer of snow over the already-gorgeous city is breathtaking.

Either snow rarely accumulates at this location or snow depth measurements are unavailable or unreliable.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/28802/Amsterdam-Noord-Holland-The-Netherlands

Many years back I was stationed in Germany near the French boarder. I was there two winters and saw a couple of good snows; but it's like here where you get a lot of mixing. I would even venture to say we have better shots for winter storms than the part of Germany I was at. Summers are much cooler. We didn't have AC and really didn't need it.

But I think you'll have a blast Burger. Travel is fun and the trains will take you everywhere...

congrats!  

Terminator 2 is absolutely a top 5 action movie of all time.

Mack, you are going to love the 10 minute Eddie Van Halen solo!

Man, it was awesome! But what was way cooler was, about 5-10 minutes he talked about Gastonia and hiking on Crowders mountain , and having grown up there, I new exactly what he was talking about! He said he's climbed all over the world and that's still one of his favorite places to hike in the world! Diamond Dave, FTW !

Archived