Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's definitely a sweet spot coming in a month or so.  We had to replace our AC, it was falling apart and had been undersized to begin with.  I waited and got a pretty good deal in late March, when the furnace calls had stopped coming and the AC calls hadn't started yet, and they were hungry for work.  Beat that first freeze and you should be able to save a bit, at least, or wait until mid spring if possible.  Saved some money with an Angie's List discount as well.  I got 5 estimates, and the company we went with was about median in price after the discounts, but reputable and the unit is fantastic.  Best summer we've ever had in this house, and the AC portion of my electric bill is 50% less than last year.  (Not that the power savings is going to pay for the unit very fast, but I'm not sure you can put a price on interior comfort when you live in the deep south in summer.)

I'm broke right now; so I'm going to push my luck for one more winter. Then hopefully use some tax returns to help buy the new system before the heat of next summer.  

Guess we'll see how this plays out...

** ALERT ** ABOUT RIR RACE THIS WEEKEND*** and other weekend plans

it looks WET/ STORMY Friday PM and most of Saturday & Saturday night

#1 FRIDAY AFTERNON/ EVENING Moderate showers and storms are LIKELY over much of WVA VA NC MD DEL PA NJ

#2 SATURDAY -- SIGNIFICANT RAIN IS LIKELY ACROSS ALL OF THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC STATES for most of the day!! in general terms Saturday SEPT 12 will features HOURS of rain/ storms

DETAILS -- On Saturday AM the heaviest rains will be over eastern KY WVA east OH western MD western PA central/ eastern VA These rains will rapidly spread east into central & eastern NC MD DEL eastern PA NJ by midday

** HVY RAINS Saturday 2PM to 2-4am Sunday over most of NC VA MD DEL eastern PA/ NJ

SUNDAY-- BREEZY much COOLER low humidity sunshine just ideal

Awesome! Let me know how it is!

I'll be at CLT show Friday! What time did VH hit the stage!???

I hope they do " ice cream man"

Diamond Dave is a little rougher around the edges than I thought he would be, although it was good... The rest of the band was hot! A great show overall. 

They took the stage around 8:45 or so. Ice cream man was a highlight. :P

Diamond Dave is a little rougher around the edges than I thought he would be, although it was good... The rest of the band was hot! A great show overall.

They took the stage around 8:45 or so. Ice cream man was a highlight. :P

Cool! Thanks! I hope it does not rain in CLT tomorrow , but if there is one day of the year it rains, that will be it!

Archived