Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't leave for vacation (OBX) until 9/27 and I'm already letting the GFS ruin it by watching it show a low pressure system make a clockwise circle not once, not twice, but THREE times right off the NC coast in the next 14 days.

I'm not even excited to go anymore.

Dude, that's the same model that just showed a 918mb storm one run and now 1012 the next. It's probably going to be the opposite of what its showing.

Dude, that's the same model that just showed a 918mb storm one run and now 1012 the next. It's probably going to be the opposite of what its showing.

I'm just not familiar with how well the GFS handles the tropical stuff. I know how it performs during winter because I tend to only closely follow winter wx. But obviously having a beach vacation has forced me to be glued to the models so I can know what to expect while I'm there. Especially since I'll be fishing, and getting an idea of weather and wind direction/speed is vital.

Hey guys... Been a while. Still here north of Lake Lure, hoping for rain this week. Had a low of 39 Monday, and every morning has been in the 40's and low 50's. Delightful! Steam has been rising from Otter Pond every morning. Colors have begun to appear in the woods. Saw my first Wooly Worm yesterday. Solid black, whatever that means. Looking forward to an eventful winter. 

Made this short video Tuesday at sunrise. First day I could see my breath.

https://youtu.be/EFSDAIsWV5U 

post-8754-0-02671500-1442757213_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-17102600-1442757288_thumb.jp

Archived