Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all. Transplant from Michigan signing in here - I'm guessing this is the right forum for me now. Does Blacksburg count as southern Virginia? I guess I'll find out soon enough. :whistle:

Welcome! Of course Blacksburg counts! Your cold fronts bring us our weather here in NC... (unless that stall out at the state line) :D

Hello all. Transplant from Michigan signing in here - I'm guessing this is the right forum for me now. Does Blacksburg count as southern Virginia? I guess I'll find out soon enough. :whistle:

Welcome to the SE! You'll just need to keep in mind one rule: If you are on the cold and dry side of a modeled winter storm, you'll jackpot.

Welcome to the SE! You'll just need to keep in mind one rule: If you are on the cold and dry side of a modeled winter storm, you'll jackpot.

I'm on the Dry side of the tropical cyclone that will be affecting us next week, does that rule apply here as well? I was originally in the bullseye, now nothing.

Kind of annoyed that for once, a lunar eclipse is visible in this part of the continent (and at a decent time of evening, too!) and... it's cloudy.  Can't count the number of various celestial event viewings we've had ruined by clouds over the years.  It can be hot, sunny and dry for months but as soon as there's something cool to see, here come the systems.

/rant off.  :cry:

Kind of annoyed that for once, a lunar eclipse is visible in this part of the continent (and at a decent time of evening, too!) and... it's cloudy. Can't count the number of various celestial event viewings we've had ruined by clouds over the years. It can be hot, sunny and dry for months but as soon as there's something cool to see, here come the systems.

/rant off. :cry:

I feel the same way. Seems it happens a lot here when we have an eclipse. I did get to see the last one, but really wanted to see the supermoon and eclipse together tonight.

Archived