• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

Really? I searched but didn't see anything.

I'm mostly kidding.  lol

You can use quotes in search terms.. so "wordhere" and you will get more precise results.  The nice thing about the Brick Tamland name is that it's such a big name from the movie, it's hard to find anything specifically to you without knowing more beforehand. (websites you visit etc)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I will change my screen name.

No, I will not change my screen name.

AAARRRGGGHHHH! I'm so confused...

u6qd5tO.jpg

Hahahaha!

I find it strange that the most populated state in the southeast (Florida) has virtually no posters in this forum. Do people in Florida just not care about the weather ?

There are only a couple who post here.  Honestly short of hurricane landfalls there's not much "weather" in Florida to discuss.  It's hot.  In the afternoon, it rains.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

There are only a couple who post here.  Honestly short of hurricane landfalls there's not much "weather" in Florida to discuss.  It's hot.  In the afternoon, it rains.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Kind of like San Diego, it's always sunny and 70 degrees. When the weather doesn't change much no reason to discuss it.  

Ok serious question. Should you plant grass seed in an extended period of rain and no sun? Can it rot the seed if it is too wet? Otherwise I am hooking up the spreader and going to town. This is the best growing opportunity in quite a while.

Fall is one of the prim times to germinate grass seed. You actually want the seed to be soaked/wet for at least a few days to allow root growth. But if it's going to rain hard I would not lay down seed. If some of the models are half correct you'll want to wait until this weekend. 

They have some pretty incredible summer storms down there. I believe they also have more tornadoes than almost any state in the southeast, not EF5 tornadoes but smaller ones.

They have some pretty incredible summer storms down there. I believe they also have more tornadoes than almost any state in the southeast, not EF5 tornadoes but smaller ones.

They also lead the nation in deaths by lightning strikes and worst humidity known to man !

They have 2 seasons : hot and not so hot! That's why Yankees make up 3/4 of the population!

Kind of like San Diego, it's always sunny and 70 degrees. When the weather doesn't change much no reason to discuss it.  

Yup.  Not much to talk about down in FL until the rare events happen i.e. hurricane rolls through.  They certainly have little reason to participate in winter storm talk which is the majority of what this board focuses on, except when the freeze line drops far enough south to impact crops down there.

San Diego... good old So. Cal, where nothing much weather related happens 364 days a year and then on the 365th, a storm rolls in, the sewer systems become overwhelmed and everyone's house floods, and the hillsides melt into the ocean.  And we won't talk about the fires and the earthquakes.  It's either postcard gorgeous or like living in a disaster movie there, and not much in between.  I don't miss it!

Well, this 7 day period of clouds is going to result in about a 1/2" of rain here. Pretty pathetic. Anywho, looks like some amazing weather on the way. Chamber of commerce weather Friday through Sunday with highs in the low to mid 70s and sunny skies. I hope I don't see another cloud again until November.

Archived