Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2015

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diamond Dave is a little rougher around the edges than I thought he would be, although it was good... The rest of the band was hot! A great show overall. 

They took the stage around 8:45 or so. Ice cream man was a highlight. :P

Agree with this.  The vocals were quite sketchy at times, but Eddie was just phenomenal.  They played a good 2 hours and the guitar and drum solos were amazing.  Kenny Wayne Shepherd was very awesome too.  Voodoo Child was better than the Hendrix version, I thought.

And yeah, that storm missed us by about 5 miles.

Agree with this. The vocals were quite sketchy at times, but Eddie was just phenomenal. They played a good 2 hours and the guitar and drum solos were amazing. Kenny Wayne Shepherd was very awesome too. Voodoo Child was better than the Hendrix version, I thought.

I didnt know he would do voodoo child, he may have just made me want to get there earlier! But that song " Blue on Black" makes me want to vomit! I think Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of VC, was also better than Hendrix's

Agree with this.  The vocals were quite sketchy at times, but Eddie was just phenomenal.  They played a good 2 hours and the guitar and drum solos were amazing.  Kenny Wayne Shepherd was very awesome too.  Voodoo Child was better than the Hendrix version, I thought.

Yepp, noticed this at the Chicago concert Fri night. Peter Cetera's were sketchy but when they were together on stage Phillip Baily covered some of the vocals flawlessly. Both bands on stage was incredible. Earth ,Wind and Fire may have gotten even better. Best finally I've ever seen live.

Yepp, noticed this at the Chicago concert Fri night. Peter Cetera's were sketchy but when they were together on stage Phillip Baily covered some of the vocals flawlessly. Both bands on stage was incredible. Earth ,Wind and Fire may have gotten even better. Best finally I've ever seen live.

Yeah, Chicago has gone downhill...especially since Bill Champlin left.  EWF is just flat awesome, though.  Philip Bailey is the man!

Y'all quit cluttering up the thread with old people talk! If you want some really big rock news, last week Slash and Axl Rose met and talked for the first time in 20+ years! They hated each others guts, but finally buried the hatchet! I smell a reunion tour within the next 2 years, and I will have floor seats for that!! Axl's voice isn't quite what it use to be, but Slash is amazing and the mostly original line up would be amazing . One of the greatest rock n roll bands, of all time!

Y'all quit cluttering up the thread with old people talk! If you want some really big rock news, last week Slash and Axl Rose met and talked for the first time in 20+ years! They hated each others guts, but finally buried the hatchet! I smell a reunion tour within the next 2 years, and I will have floor seats for that!! Axl's voice isn't quite what it use to be, but Slash is amazing and the mostly original line up would be amazing . One of the greatest rock n roll bands, of all time!

I haven't been in the audience at a live rock concert since the day the music died.

Are you referring to the Aerosmith wannabe band "Guns and Roses" by chance. I saw Aerosmith in 1975 at the Longbranch in Raleigh

Archived