joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe threat/ Heavy rain SE SNE 08/11 disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been atrocious for several winters now.  I haven't looked at them much in the warm season, as quite frankly I'm not as interested in weather events.  But I'm sure you guys that do it daily for a living find some usefulness for them, haha.

For some reason calling it warm season bothers me  :fulltilt:.  It's called Hot Season :sizzle: .  Winter isn't called "cool season", its Cold Season.  And therefore summer is Hot Season.  Warm season is mid-April through May, and also Mid September through October.  K? 

For some reason calling it warm season bothers me  :fulltilt:.  It's called Hot Season :sizzle: .  Winter isn't called "cool season", its Cold Season.  And therefore summer is Hot Season.  Warm season is mid-April through May, and also Mid September through October.  K? 

But actually the warm season covers spring and summer (March 1 - August 31), and cool season covers fall and winter (September 1 - February 28).

Says who?  Climo speak says there's a warm and a cool season.  Winter is definitely called "cool season" not "cold season."

Says who?  Climo speak says there's a warm and a cool season.  Winter is definitely called "cool season" not "cold season."

It's actually a term that has little to do with temperature. Generally when people refer to warm/cool seasons in research, it's referring to the precipitation events.

But actually the warm season covers spring and summer (March 1 - August 31), and cool season covers fall and winter (September 1 - February 28).

I didn't know that... I would've guessed it was something like September 21 through March 21 is cool season and the rest warm season.  I would've thought it was divided by the equinoxes, but I guess it makes sense as climo wise seasons start on the first of the month.

It's actually a term that has little to do with temperature. Generally when people refer to warm/cool seasons in research, it's referring to the precipitation events.

Ahhh, I was thinking forestry and vegetation wise.  Things go dormant in the cool season and active in the warm season.  I know I've heard cool/warm season terms used in botany/forestry.

I didn't know that... I would've guessed it was something like September 21 through March 21 is cool season and the rest warm season.  I would've thought it was divided by the equinoxes, but I guess it makes sense as climo wise seasons start on the first of the month.

Think meteorological seasons.

SON/DJF

vs

MAM/JJA

Archived