joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already have Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May for overcast / 50-60 degree weather. I'd rather not have it in JJA too.

Ti salute

Ill drink to that but would extend the rather not in MJJAS too

This weather is pretty awesome, nice and crisp at night with glimpses of warm sun during the day.

I don't understand why people want heat...every time it's hot here, it's gross with high humidity, disgustingly warm nights, horrible subways and buses. And we always get a few weeks of upper 80s/90s in July and August, so why are we rushing it in early June when we can still enjoy comfortable weather?

Not directly, but yes you can.

btn-arrowleft1.png2 OF 12btn-arrowright1.png

Myth: Cold air can make you sick

Despite being called the common "cold," lower temperatures alone won't make you sick. In fact, the exact opposite is true. "Cells that fight infection in body actually increase if you go out into the cold," says Rachel C. Vreeman, MD, co-author of Don't Swallow Your Gum! Myths, Half-Truths, and Outright Lies About Your Body and Health. It's your body's way of combatting the stress of freezing temps. Plus, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, cold viruses grow best at about 91 degrees; if you're outside in the cold, your nostrils are surely colder than that.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/cold-and-flu-iq 

Cold weather also does not cause colds -- at least not directly. Despite its name, the common cold is not caused by cold. "It doesn't have any effect at all," says Tallman. "There's no correlation." In fact, you may be more likely to "catch your death of cold" indoors, where it's warm and crowded than outdoors in the chilly air. People in close quarters are more readily exposed to carriers of the viruses that cause colds. "If one person in a household gets sick, it will spread easily," Tallman says.

almost all of my non wx friends are complaining. they also get mad at me when i tell them it's going to snow. i think a bunch of you beef up the cold bias here because you can't IRL

People complain about the cold and heat. The bias to cold is real here only in winter when snow is a factor otherwise everyone complains if it's too cool or cold.

People complain about the cold and heat. The bias to cold is real here only in winter when snow is a factor otherwise everyone complains if it's too cool or cold.

1998 was an equal opportunity downer for everyone with a warm winter and cool summer.

The winter snow and cold lovers lost out followed by the summer heat fans.The Labor Day

Derecho was the one interesting event that year so the severe storm crew was happy.

Archived