joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like warm weather, just not oppressive heat and high humidity. How you could enjoy sweating to death is beyond me, and I'm not overweight.

His whole shtick on that makes no sense.  75 is easier for an in shape person to exercise-hike, bike, walk, etc.  95 is not conducive to most outdoor activities unless it involves a swimming pool.   with that said, the next 2 weeks looks warm/hot and mainly dry.  Good thing we got that dump of rain 6/1 or it would look like Phoenix around here.

His whole shtick on that makes no sense.  75 is easier for an in shape person to exercise-hike, bike, walk, etc.  95 is not conducive to most outdoor activities unless it involves a swimming pool.   with that said, the next 2 weeks looks warm/hot and mainly dry.  Good thing we got that dump of rain 6/1 or it would look like Phoenix around here.

Since Sandy we've had one of the most boring stretches of weather that I can ever recall. Even the snowstorms the last two winters have found ways to end up quicker and drier than forecast.

Since Sandy we've had one of the most boring stretches of weather that I can ever recall. Even the snowstorms the last two winters have found ways to end up quicker and drier than forecast.

True.  At least the winters were snowy.  But it's been dead tropics wise and T-storm wise overall the past few years.

True. At least the winters were snowy. But it's been dead tropics wise and T-storm wise overall the past few years.

Quite a few at that, there hasn't been a category 5 Hurricane in the Atlantic basin since 2007 (Dean and Felix) that's the longest gat between Cat 5's since 1953. Also, the US hasn't seen a major hurricane make landfall since Wilma in 2005. This year doesn't look like it will be any better, but I guess it only takes one and all that...

Quite a few at that, there hasn't been a category 5 Hurricane in the Atlantic basin since 2007 (Dean and Felix) that's the longest gat between Cat 5's since 1953. Also, the US hasn't seen a major hurricane make landfall since Wilma in 2005. This year doesn't look like it will be any better, but I guess it only takes one and all that...

would have figured with the +AMO we would have seen some biggies last few years...nope.   Back to -AMO and less activity IMO

Fat is the new normal, it's a matter of perception.

As for the last 3 years being boring. They are good in a manner different from 10-12, but I still prefer the latter.

We did a full circle from extreme heat to extreme cold. 10-12 had more interesting summers and 13-15 had more interesting winters.

It's not boring overall. We're constantly shifting extremes and setting new records. One of the coldest February's on record to one of the warmest Mays on record in the same year.

There are events that have been muted like convection season but there's plenty of other things that made it exciting.

Probably, and it was really sharp cut off over NJ

That was the last time that I was really jealous of you guys. The recent three seasons I wished that I was out in Suffolk.

Would much rather see the core of a 25"+ event than a bunch of 6" and 12" storms adding up to 50" on the season.

That was the last time that I was really jealous of you guys. The last three seasons I wished that I was out in Suffolk.

Would much rather see the core of a 25"+ event than a bunch of 6 and 12 events adding up to 50" on the season.

The last several years have definitely favored the immediate coast, however like anything else, eventually things will change. 

The last several years have definitely favored the immediate coast, however like anything else, eventually things will change. 

The most interesting snow here for rarity the last few years was the snowstorm right after Sandy.

None of the best winter snowstorms since the 10-11 season were able to jackpot my location.

After 2011, Suffolk also stole the best rain event in the region with the Islip 13"+ deluge.

The most interesting snow here for rarity the last few years was the snowstorm right after Sandy.

None of the winter snowstorms since the 10-11 season were able to jackpot my location.

After 2011, Suffolk also stole the best rain event in the region with the Islip 13"+ deluge.

Basically the same. Even with Boxing Day, I had under 20". Now I would take an 18" storm any day and twice on Sunday, but areas fifteen miles to my East saw over 30".

Sometimes I'm happy these boards largely weren't around in the late 1990s. Those winters were just awful. After early 1996, the only interesting weather I remember was the Labor Day 1998 derecho (which this spring here surpassed more than once), and Hurricane Floyd which wasn't that remarkable for Long Island. April Fools Day 1997 was almost notable for the area but like many storms bombed out too late and favored SNE.

Archived