Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

What has been so exciting in the last 3 years weather wise?

I measured 70+ inches of snow during each of the last two winters and there were two blizzards...one in February 2013...possibly the greatest snowstorm out here in decades...and its little brother last January.  February 2015 was the coldest month on record in many spots out here. March was much snowier than it has been in years...March 2015 was among the snowiest in decades.  Duration of snow cover and snow depths reached late in the winter had not been seen in many years.  So your assertion...though it is subjective...doesn't apply for this part of the CWA.

Guest Pamela

The 80s were much better than the 90s locally in terms of both cold outbreaks and snow events. Only had 2 winters < 20" of snow in the 1980s: 88-89 and 89-90. A few were in the mid 20's, 1982-83 and 1983-84 were 35-40", and 1986-87 was 45-50".

There was very little snow in 1980-81, 1984-85, 1985-86, 1987-88, 1988-89, 1989-90.  Even 1981-82 an 1982-83 would be forgotten if not for the April blizzard in the former and the February one in the latter.

Guest Pamela

Not looking forward to working in the heat

You should go back to that City College you were attending...then you can get a job where you do not have to labor and sweat under the noon sun.  I remember, when I was young, my father always said, "I'm going to get you a nice job in an office...because I know you wouldn't like working out in the rain." 

You should go back to that City College you were attending...then you can get a job where you do not have to labor and sweat under the noon sun. I remember, when I was young, my father always said, "I'm going to get you a nice job in an office...because I know you wouldn't like working out in the rain."

Personally I would much rather work outside then in an office. But it's is true that there are days when a true outdoor lover such as myself would rather be inside.

And man have you been lucky out there snow wise as of late. Don't forget December 09 too

I measured 70+ inches of snow during each of the last two winters and there were two blizzards...one in February 2013...possibly the greatest snowstorm out here in decades...and its little brother last January. February 2015 was the coldest month on record in many spots out here. March was much snowier than it has been in years...March 2015 was among the snowiest in decades. Duration of snow cover and snow depths reached late in the winter had not been seen in many years. So your assertion...though it is subjective...doesn't apply for this part of the CWA.

And I got shafted by just about every big storm the last four years. It happens.

Guest Pamela

And I got shafted by just about every big storm the last four years. It happens.

I like your area by the Charlotteburg Reservoir along Rt 23...very scenic & peaceful.  I often take it on my trips to High Point.  Also, you are not too far away from civilization. 

Guest Pamela

I like your area by the Charlotteburg Reservoir along Rt 23...very scenic & peaceful.  I often take it on my trips to High Point.  Also, you are not too far away from civilization. 

Parts of N. Jersey, much of CT & Massachusetts...the Lower Hudson Valley...I would move to any of those places...all very nice and pleasant.  But I probably would not want to live in urban NJ or the 5 boroughs...even Nassau County is starting to resemble Queens lately. Its important to have some space...you do not want to be kept up all night because someone is playing bocce ball on the roof.

Parts of N. Jersey, much of CT & Massachusetts...the Lower Hudson Valley...I would move to any of those places...all very nice and pleasant. But I probably would not want to live in urban NJ or the 5 boroughs...even Nassau County is starting to resemble Queens lately.

I lived in Boston for a year and it always reminded me of a smaller Brooklyn for some reason. I would move back if I get the chance in the future. That and they dont get shafted as much as we do when it comes to winter storms

Guest Pamela

I lived in Boston for a year and it always reminded me of a smaller Brooklyn for some reason. I would move back if I get the chance in the future. That and they dont get shafted as much as we do when it comes to winter storms

They got shafted quite a bit (at least at Logan Airport) until the 1992-93 winter....then, for some reason...snows stopped changing to rain...until then, Logan averaged about 42 inches per year...pretty unimpressive given the fact that they are north of the 42nd parallel.  Hartford was once snowier than Boston...and New Haven was almost as snowy.  After the last 23 winters, the Logan average is now considerably higher. 

They got shafted quite a bit (at least at Logan Airport) until the 1992-93 winter....then, for some reason...snows stopped changing to rain...until then, Logan averaged about 42 inches per year...pretty unimpressive given the fact that they are north of the 42nd parallel. Hartford was once snowier than Boston...and New Haven was almost as snowy. After the last 23 winters, the Logan average is now considerably higher.

Yeah they average 42 inches. Worcester about 40 miles west averages 65 inches. Maybe i'm still a bit bitter over the blizzard lol

I love my location. Depending on traffic, in 20 minutes I can be in the sticks in one direction or in NYC on the other. 

You should go back to that City College you were attending...then you can get a job where you do not have to labor and sweat under the noon sun.  I remember, when I was young, my father always said, "I'm going to get you a nice job in an office...because I know you wouldn't like working out in the rain." 

I would if I can but I need money at the moment.

Archived