• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

1998 was an equal opportunity downer for everyone with a warm winter and cool summer.

The winter snow and cold lovers lost out followed by the summer heat fans.The Labor Day

Derecho was the one interesting event that year so the severe storm crew was happy.

You get what mother nature throws at you though I would trade a lot of winter to see another 98 derecho.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 90 again today, the humidity wasn't terrible (upper 60s to around 70 DP), so the HI made it to maybe 95. Good amount of clouds around too-Hurricanes Blanca and the remnants of Andres should bring at least high level moisture to this part of the state and jack up humidity. If all this water wasn't in the ground, we'd likely be pushing 95 for highs if not 100. Low 90s expected here every day this week, but the mid part of the month looks like opportunities for T-storms will come back. I'll probably return to this part of the thread in August when I regularly hit 100+ and LOL. The heat also feels worse down here due to the sun being 10 deg higher in the sky. You feel it right away when you're outside at midday.

We have yet to hit the solstice, so a countdown is very meh.

I don't even allow thoughts of winter to enter my mind until the second half of August at the earliest. The weather's just finally getting nice/warm on a more regular basis.

Austin-Bergstrom Airport finally hit 90 today, first this year (I think). A whole bunch of 87-89 highs though. Dallas and Houston are ahead of us by a few so far, surprising since we average a couple of degrees higher than DFW and IAH at least-in August our highest average high is 98 while theirs is maybe 95. I'll say, the heat is a lot less disgusting here than it was when I had to trudge through Midtown in the humid, smog/exhaust laden crap at my last job. I'd practically kiss the ground when I got home to Long Beach and walked into a clean, seabreeze-cooled atmosphere. 

I'm with you...cant get here fast enough.  Hopefully the largest warm anomalies wind up being in May when it wasn't too oppressive. 

We need some decent hailers to help the cool loving crew adapt to summertime better.

Tom, I was wondering, why are you so interested in the weather?   You never leave the house...

I've always wondered why weather is so interested in me.

What about you? You wanted a relationship with someone who could never tick you off?

Archived