joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a very wet next 2 days here-most predictions have TS Bill tracking just south of Austin from Matagorda Bay and bringing 4-8" of rain. Winds could be gusty-40 mph or so but by far the rain is the primary concern. Creeks and rivers have absolutely no room, and that kind of rain will make huge problems. 

1.2" of rain downtown so far associated with Bill, but I'm starting to think we should dodge the bullet mostly around Austin. Short range models are enthusiastically moving the rain more towards I-45 overnight and keeping feeder band showers by me mostly, and turning Bill sharply north. That of course is bad news for the I-45 corridor from Houston to Dallas and a ways west from there.

1.2" of rain downtown so far associated with Bill, but I'm starting to think we should dodge the bullet mostly around Austin. Short range models are enthusiastically moving the rain more towards I-45 overnight and keeping feeder band showers by me mostly, and turning Bill sharply north. That of course is bad news for the I-45 corridor from Houston to Dallas and a ways west from there.

https://twitter.com/nwshouston

Very heavy rain has occurred Wharton and Jackson. @CoCoRaHS observer near Ganado measured 11.77 inches of rain. Several obs over 8 inches.

https://twitter.com/nwshouston

Very heavy rain has occurred Wharton and Jackson. @CoCoRaHS observer near Ganado measured 11.77 inches of rain. Several obs over 8 inches.

There have been some spotty areas of more than 4" rain, but in general rain totals have been 2-3" or so in the main heavy rain area near Bill's track. We mostly had feeder band showers where I am. This afternoon may be active though with storms firing south of the center, especially since we cleared out this morning and had heating.

There have been some spotty areas of more than 4" rain, but in general rain totals have been 2-3" or so in the main heavy rain area near Bill's track. We mostly had feeder band showers where I am. This afternoon may be active though with storms firing south of the center, especially since we cleared out this morning and had heating.

The 2000's are in a league of their own for record rainfall.

I've got a question for whoever can answer it :) My wife and I are finally going on our honeymoon in August to Aruba. I COULD post in the forum for that location, but I really don't know any of the members there and whose advice I can feel safe to trust... Anyone able to advise on currently expected projections for Aruba August 9 until August 16? Much appreciated in advance!!

My parents honeymooned in Aruba back in 84'. They were told that it rains once or twice there every few years. The island supposedly lacks a lot of natural greenery. Of course the week my parents were there it rained every day except for the day they left. The flash flooding was horrendous and they left the rental car with water halfway up the tires. Total and complete disaster. FYI they went during the first week of November. 

Thank you all three of you! Let's keep those toes crossed. First vacation in three years and been married since October :)

You have the developing El Nino on your side which means drier than normal conditions for the Caribbean.

August is already part of the dry season in Aruba which even on an average year sees under an inch of rain

for the whole month.

Archived