joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heat peeps have really gotten the short end of the stick the past couple years. Brutal winters and hardly any consolation in the summers. Maybe we really do live in a cool climate after all.

For now sure. But it's like we are an ice cube in a giant pot of boiling water.

Eventually the ice cube melts.......

The heat peeps have really gotten the short end of the stick the past couple years. Brutal winters and hardly any consolation in the summers. Maybe we really do live in a cool climate after all.

So far in July (as of today) every tristate station is a bit above normal for the month.

Meh? Unless my rounding is off, today puts HPN and BDR at +/-0.0F, and POU at -1.2. I still haven't hit 90, and that's boring, regardless of my feelings about which season is most comfortable.

I didn't check POU since they're so far away. I don't consider them the tri state area. They're not even part of the CWA. Anyway, normal to slightly above has been the theme for awhile.

There's been no extreme heat, sure, but we haven't had any big cool downs to offset the big heat we get either. Basically normal to slightly above. Definitely not a cool regime; that was my only point.

I think most people would disagree. It feels plenty hot thanks to our good ole friend "humidity". Personally I'd rather take a 100F dry Arizona heat than this humid crap.

After experiencing 114F and extremely low RH in Phoenix, it's my opinion that there's nothing better about dry heat, and in fact, it feels worse (almost makes it painful to breath). Anything over the mid 90s is brutally hot regardless of the dew point.

After experiencing 114F and extremely low RH in Phoenix, it's my opinion that there's nothing better about dry heat, and in fact, it feels worse (almost makes it painful to breath). Anything over the mid 90s is brutally hot regardless of the dew point.

This a million times over! I worked in a California winery for a whole summer (next to Lodi) and we topped out above 110 multiple times, it's like someone is holding a candle a few centimeters from your skin, give me 85-90 and high humidity anytime over 110 and low humidity.

Probably but I don't know since I've never experienced it. I'm sure it still feels like an inferno but the mugginess always gets to me more.

I didn't check POU since they're so far away. I don't consider them the tri state area. They're not even part of the CWA. Anyway, normal to slightly above has been the theme for awhile.

There's been no extreme heat, sure, but we haven't had any big cool downs to offset the big heat we get either. Basically normal to slightly above. Definitely not a cool regime; that was my only point.

True it's not in Uptons area but Metronorth runs to Poughkeepsie so IMO it's close enough. My assumption is that it's overnight lows once again that's driving the temps above normal?

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN ANGELO TX

0215 AM CDT WED JUL 8 2015

...WETTEST DAY ON RECORD FOR ABILENE...

ABILENE REGIONAL AIRPORT RECEIVED 8.26 INCHES OF RAINFALL YESTERDAY.

THIS SETS A NEW RECORD FOR RAINFALL IN ANY SINGLE DAY...BREAKING THE

PREVIOUS RECORD OF 6.54 INCHES ON MAY 11TH 1928. THIS ALSO BREAKS

THE OLD DAILY RECORD OF 2.47 FOR THIS DATE...SET BACK IN 1905.

Archived