• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

The reason they stopped one foot short of 1WTC is so stupid. So are we to expect no building cross the 1,776 foot threshold ever?

We need a 2,000 foot tower. At one point a building was proposed to be 1,800 feet called the Hudson Spire next to the Hudson Yards but it was significantly chopped down unfortunately.

Yeah I know, I guess they wanted to preserve the Patriotic number of 1776, and keep the Freedom Tower number 1. It's just a guess, but maybe that's why they're making these buildings so high, without spires. Not only do they look ridiculously high, but they are taller than the building portion of 1WTC, without actually being taller.

I would rather buy this one if I was moving to the city so I could at least have my own boat. ;)

Plus it's relatively close to Jamaica Bay wildlife refuge one of my favorite spots to visit in the city.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brooklyn-waterfront-mansion-17-million-2014-11?op=1

At least that's a lot cheaper :D. I'd like a resort like that in the mountains lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro surfer Mick Fanning attacked by a shark. Luckily the shark missed him and he was uninjured. Check that video out. http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13282470/mick-fanning-survives-shark-attack-competition-south-africa

The most amazing part it was during the finals of the Jeffrey's bay pro. There were a ton of surfers all over the world watching live

Seriously. Even into Harriman and Sterling Forest you can get some darker locations... folks were even taking aurora photos in Rockland County last month. Most people live within like 40 minutes of acceptably dark skies.

Yeah I had noticed this for a long time. I'm over an hour inland from the city and the skies are nice and dark. Funny thing is, I'm up on a mountain, and if I look east, I could see the sky get gradually brighter and the stars begin to fade.

Not likely. Last night's storm that hit central Nassau was beautiful. Rarely if ever do we see a thunderstorm develop over Long Island like that. Really stunning to see that happen last night.

Really where were you? We had jack in south wantagh

Getting dark on the upper west side can seethe storms off to the nw nice heights on the tops

Archived