• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

100, maybe even 101-102 possible today here, temps are slightly ahead of yesterday at this time. Heat index predictions have also been too low the last few days, we've hit 105 each day when we were predicted a few degrees cooler than that. Honestly though, when the air is that hot it really doesn't matter anymore. No sign of any relief to come, so a month from now we might have a nice swath of 100+ days in Austin.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. This. I love blizzards and cold. But not in the summer. In the summer, I love typical summer weather. Get out there and enjoy it! (Queue the "what's to enjoy" posts about swamp a$$ and hot subways blah blah blah lol) go to the beach, go to the pool, sit in your AC like you sit inside with heat in the winter (or do you turn your heat off in the winter?) go to a BBQ, go to an outdoor music festival, take up gardening, go camping etc. etc.

Yeah exactly, the nice thing about Summer is that there are way more opportunities to enjoy your hobbies. I like cars for example, and the Summer is when all the Car Shows take place. Don't forget Englishtown, NJ Raceway Park either, stuff's always going on there.

Yeah exactly, the nice thing about Summer is that there are way more opportunities to enjoy your hobbies. I like cars for example, and the Summer is when all the Car Shows take place. Don't forget Englishtown, NJ Raceway Park either, stuff's always going on there.

You mean more opportunities to enjoy summer hobbies. (Yes im bored)

Lol. This. I love blizzards and cold. But not in the summer. In the summer, I love typical summer weather. Get out there and enjoy it! (Queue the "what's to enjoy" posts about swamp a$$ and hot subways blah blah blah lol) go to the beach, go to the pool, sit in your AC like you sit inside with heat in the winter (or do you turn your heat off in the winter?) go to a BBQ, go to an outdoor music festival, take up gardening, go camping etc. etc.

No way! You take your life into your hands when going to the beach these days: http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150724/NEWS/150729588

You mean more opportunities to enjoy summer hobbies. (Yes im bored)

That's one way of saying it :icecream:

No but really, I think a lot of people can do more in the Summer  (we're assumining average 80-85 degree temps, not like 95) and not feel so couped up in the house, as opposed to when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's 20 F.

Guest Pamela

Good to see Long Beach ranked as the 5th best beach town in the US to explore on foot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/redfin/the-best-beach-towns-to-e_b_7851798.html

1. Santa Cruz, California - Walk Score 97

2. Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Walk Score 95

3. Coronado, California- Walk Score 94

4. Newport, Rhode Island - Walk Score 94

5. Long Beach, New York - Walk Score 87

6. Ocean City, New Jersey - Walk Score 86

7. Seaside, Oregon - Walk Score 86

8. Lahaina, Hawaii - Walk Score 84

I must concede; in all candor, that the rankings were entirely based on verifiable & demonstrable aesthetic gradations...w/o an ounce of subjectivity factoring in to the final evaluation...

*Rolls her eyes*

Heard about that. At least they're not one of the places that are closing totally.

Yeah, that's such a busy location that Stop and Shop decided to take it over. 

When I was a kid, the old Waldbaums was on the corner Long Blvd/Park where 

Pier 1 imports is today.

101 for the high so far near downtown, 5th 100 degree day this summer. Heat index is between 105-110. The ridge isn't going anywhere, so we might rack up a very impressive number of 100 degree days this year, my guess is over 20.

amazing how Texas has flipped from flooding to bone dry.

amazing how Texas has flipped from flooding to bone dry.

A town near here, Buda is actually putting water restrictions in place again. We haven't had rain since around June 20th, but there are some storms firing up this afternoon. Most of them are in the Hill Country so far. And yes the ground dried up very fast because of the strong sun and heat. The ground now is brown, you would never think we had over 25" of rain in May and June.

waldbaums was up here years ago-nasty, dirty rundown stores...not surprising they are folding if my experience is indicative of the chain as a whole.

The one in Long Beach was actually renovated a few years ago and was one of the nicest in the whole chain.

But they couldn't compete anymore as part of the A&P company against similar sized stores like Stop and Shop.

The Pathmark stores that are also being converted to Stop and Shop as part of the BK deal. They looked

like the weren't updated since the 1970's.

Archived