joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the warmest 30 day period last year in NYC was 76.6...That is the eight coolest since 1970...2000 is the lowest average on record going back to 1869...since 1930 these are the years with the least warmest 30 day periods...

72.7 in 2000
74.4 in 1992
74.8 in 2004
74.9 in 1996
75.0 in 1960
75.0 in 1950
75.1 in 1956
75.5 in 1945
75.6 in 1962
75.7 in 1965

And the people up in the Catskills are having a heck of spring weather. Into 50's every day. No 80's highs. Barely 70.

My dad has been up in the Poconos at our house, which is a little over 1500' elevation. Last weekend, highs were in the low 60s during our major rainstorm, and most nights have gotten down to the low 50s or upper 40s this summer. Monticello had a low of 50F last night, and our house is usually 2-3F colder so hit upper 40s there. July 4th forecast high is 67F for Lake Como PA so not very summer-like. The lake we are on is still cool.

Berlin NH, near the White Mountains, had a low of 37F last night. Tonight is going to be another radiational cooling night with large temperature differentials between urban and rural areas.

Why wait for the suburbia oasis when you can just live there everyday of your life? I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath split with a deck, built in pool on 3/4 of an acre and my taxes are $7800 a year. I can be on Broadway in Manhatten in 30 minutes, shorter than a cab ride from Brooklyn and way shorter than the subway. I get some people love city life but if you like some peace and quiet come out my way. I can see the stars at night and on Sunmer nights all you can hear are insects.

Why wait for the suburbia oasis when you can just live there everyday of your life? I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath split with a deck, built in pool on 3/4 of an acre and my taxes are $7800 a year. I can be on Broadway in Manhatten in 30 minutes, shorter than a cab ride from Brooklyn and way shorter than the subway. I get some people love city life but if you like some peace and quiet come out my way. I can see the stars at night and on Sunmer nights all you can hear are insects.

Being born and raised in NYC, that would be something that I would like. Not that far away and if i miss it, i could take a small drive there. Just something i would have to get used too

The near record easterlies across the Tropical Atlantic and Caribbean carried a large

amount of African dust to the US recently. The NASA dust model shows the potential 

for a small amount of this dust to reach our area on Wednesday if the model is correct.

http://abc13.com/weather/african-dust-blows-into-houston-more-on-the-way/823923/

attachicon.gif700.png

this reminds me of a song...

Turned out to be a beautiful July 4th here with late afternoon sunshine, a light breeze, and temperatures in the mid 70s. Grilled salmon, asparagus, and eggplant with a salad fresh from the garden and freshly baked bread...yum...ate dinner outside, even better! Just a perfect way to end the holiday!

Exactly. The most I hear is a couple sirens at night.

Archived