joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would but there's a cardinal patrolling the grounds with a shotgun holding up a sign that says "there is no law in birdland so I don't even need a reason to defend pulling the trigger".

Global warming made it just a tad too warm to enjoy and both the bird and temp issues are Obama's fault.

Wiz and O's made it a great day in the face of such stressful situations in the yard.

Praying for you in these challenging times.  

Always a good day when the O's beat the Sawx. 

We seem to hitting +5F or more above forecast every f'in day.  Getting pretty sick of it already.  Next week is looking pretty nice, however.

lol. I don't care for 80 in April. Rather not see 70s till May and 80s till June. Of course the one facet of weather we regularly overachieve at is heat. So we deal.

Yep, pulled the Aerocoupe out and headed straight up to the airport today hahaha! 3700 foot does help a lot, my high was 81.2, it was in 60's up there. Walked in the woods (and managed to harm no birds) for a couple hours, came back to car then drove up to Monterey and then back home.

I thought I did a bad job at hiding it, however I was just trolling around expect for the sports religion bit. At the end of the day, we are bombarded by information and the individual is responsible for deciding what is relevant.

Just so you'll know, climate change isn't that high on most people's priority list. We will adapt...or we won't. Your doomsday scenarios won't happen....probably...lol.

Just so you'll know, climate change isn't that high on most people's priority list. We will adapt...or we won't. Your doomsday scenarios won't happen....probably...lol.

it's interesting that people here uncomfortable with cc or agw stomp their feet and insist that discussion be taken to the distinct forum.  denying or being a "skeptic" is really denying basic physics.  there will come a day where the issues can't be walled off into separate sub-forums, and it's not as far in the future as some think.  the unnatural rate of carbon and other ghg release into the oceans and biosphere is not sustainable to support most life forms.  joke about it or be ironic, but it is the existential issue of our day.

on another note, one thing to the thankful for is not being a migrant today trying to flee on an overcrowded boat that flips over.  my ancestors all came over on boats between the 18th and 20th centuries, but they were smart enough to act in orderly fashions and avoid getting on shabby vessels meant for 70 and not 700 people.  they were all able to disembark properly without swimming to shore.

Locally, the risk is greater. It depends where you live. No where is safe tho in the long-run. I don't have any doomsday scenarios, just saying that people should take it seriously. 

49 degrees here at the moment. 54 in Fairbanks AK. Their 5 day forecast is similar to ours. After a decent April we look to finish very cold for late season standards. The last couple years have featured a lot of stubborn cold by our standards.

it definitely has.  the last 2 years was one of the more impressive stretches of winters i've seen here, at least from a consistently chilly pattern perspective.  

Archived