joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had carzy cardinals in the past, this is the first bird brained robin. 

I had to shoot a cardinal a few years ago. It just got obsessed once it saw its reflection and thought it was another male cardinal I guess. I gave it ample time to find its way back to "normalcy". Eventually the crapping all over the place and constantly pecking/banging into the windows got to be too much. It was deranged. Actually found the mirrors on my jeep and was attacking those and crapping all down my doors. It had to go.

My Blackhawks got their rears spanked last night! 6-2 is ugly no matter how you try to sugar coat it.

I'd blame Crawford (as many are) but he wouldn't face that many shots if we kept them out of our end of the ice.

Nashville just played at a faster and more determined pace than Chicago did....end of story.

If Hawks want to go to next round they gonna have to pick it up when they get home next two games!

just so other folks know, because you obviously don't care, it's illegal in the US to kill cardinals, and just about every other migratory bird.

Well, he did say he gave it ample opportunity to find another location. Isn't like he saw it and decide to kill it immediately. He may have even tired to shoo it away to another spot, we don't know. BTW, the eastern diamondback rattlesnake is on endangered list from what I have heard and one day may be on the 'do not kill' list- remember that when one decides to take a swing at you or a kid when you are out in the future.

immaterial. it's illegal.

it's not on the endangered list.

OK, so is 71 in a 65.

Yep, not yet-

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/11/us-usa-rattlesnake-idUSBRE84A14D20120511

but it does say you could defend against attack if they made the list, maybe you can do the same with birds :unsure:

EDIT-

I'm not trying to start something here, just pointing out that he said he attempted to do something besides kill it.

There are times when it is necessary, in his case I'd agree with him if it was attacking multiple areas of his property and causing damage.

there's something seriously wrong with some of you.

Not everything is as black and white as you tend to always make it. Lots and lots of birds here. Probably "killed" 15-20 just driving down my road during Feb when there was sustained snow cover. They tend to hang near the edges of the road. I have had plenty of Male cardinals on my property over the years. That one was deranged. Only time I ever purposely killed an animal. I put up with it for 2 months. It wouldn't go, and it had to go.

it's still illegal, and very, very wrong.

Lots of things are illegal. People still engage. Right and wrong are subjective. There are tons of deer around here, I see them in my back yard all the time. I dont hunt, and would never shoot one, but understand the necessity to control the population. That bird was a one-off. I was amazed it didn't kill itself. I tried scaring it off to no avail. 

lol I dont need an education on bird behavior. I have huge trapezoid windows on my house. Not covering those. For a month I put sleeves over my car mirrors. It went around to every single window/door on the house. Screens didn't help either. It just crapped all over them. the deck, and the log walls of my house. I am all for protecting/preserving natural resources. But there are limits and exceptions to every situation.

nope. there is no exception to this law.

I hope for your sake you don't have pets.

You seem to pride yourself on being a know it all. Easy with Google. I do have pets. Not relevant. Stop with the patronizing, condescending, judgmental crap. I've seen your schtick.

There is always the option to turn one's self in to the authorities.

The Endangered Species Act is the government policy that determines how endangered species are regulated. If you violate it by killing an endangered animal, you will have committed a serious crime punishable by large fines and jail time.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/facts_5840190_consequences-killing-endangered-animals_.html

With the reward for snitching, this forum can drop the donation campaign.

Use of money received through violations of the ESAE

A reward will be paid to any person who furnishes information which leads to an arrest, conviction, or revocation of a license, so long as they are not a local, state, or federal employee in the performance of official duties. The Secretary may also provide reasonable and necessary costs incurred for the care of fish, wildlife, and forest service or plant pending the violation caused by the criminal. If the balance ever exceeds $500,000 the Secretary of the Treasury is required to deposit an amount equal to the excess into the cooperative endangered species conservation fund.

There is always the option to turn one's self in to the authorities.

With the reward for snitching, this forum can drop the donation campaign.

It was like 8 years ago. I've been guilt ridden every hour since. The stress has been unbearable. I may do it to lift this immense burden and purge my awful sin.

So dedicated about cardinals and being obsessed with following a strong platform. No such love for climate change. Sorry but it's not a one-way street.

I know this is the banter thread but some of the stuff posted here is one level below sports hype, in terms of relevancy. This is why the new left is full of fake people. Let's report everyone for minor infractions, tax people for watering their lawns, etc.

Always going after the small town people meanwhile the government and corporations get a free ride. That is because the only safe haven resides outside of the mainstream. Wxtrix will probably rant at me but this is classical liberalism to the core not this post-modern garbage. Out of everyone on the forum, she is the only one who I would consider setting to ignore.

As long as they are equally concerned with the protection of unborn babies, then I fully support their platform of bird protection.

So long as they too equally obey every other obscure, archaic law on the books, then I also fully support their righteous indignation directed at someone who would kill a bird to prevent destruction of personal property.

just so other folks know, because you obviously don't care, it's illegal in the US to kill cardinals, and just about every other migratory bird.

It's illegal to kill liberals too, but does anybody care? Who would kill a cardinal? You're saying that people are idiots because we need laws to stop them.

Y'all need to take a walk outside. :P

Yes. Its gorgeous out, a bit warm. I love nature- as long as it leaves my house alone. Out here now swatting carpenter bees. I dont think they are protected. Fascinating creatures but destructive if you own a wood home. Traps work pretty good, but they do die.

It's illegal to kill liberals too, but does anybody care? Who would kill a cardinal? You're saying that people are idiots because we need laws to stop them.

Killing humans in the name of religion, or war, is perfectly okay, sometimes. It just depends on specific circumstances, and who is doing the killing. Been gong on for centuries. Don't dare kill a wayward bird in your own yard though. 

What the hell are you all talking about?

Go have a beer on your decks/porches/patios. It's nice out.

I would but there's a cardinal patrolling the grounds with a shotgun holding up a sign that says "there is no law in birdland so I don't even need a reason to defend pulling the trigger".

Global warming made it just a tad too warm to enjoy and both the bird and temp issues are Obama's fault.

Wiz and O's made it a great day in the face of such stressful situations in the yard.

Archived