joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, all of the above would be linked to persistent weather patterns BobC. I mean you could get something like the Colorado floods which was driven by intensity instead of temporal span. It's challenging to differentiate on a region-by-region basis which events are primarily AGW driven.

Stuff like SST being 80 degrees at 40N in December is obviously AGW related tho. Hence we know it's happening due to the growing amount of OHC build up in the thermal budget.

SOC, it's not refutable, the stack of peer-reviewed literature supporting my argument grows each day.

What if all the peers are wrong?  It HAS happened before.  Generally accepted scientific notions have been completely obliterated before.  You do realize that, right?

Sorry, H20.  I had to respond.

Yeah, having him pitch so well definitely makes me feel much better about being competitive in the east again.

Well after that feel good start yesterday our pitching was smoked today. Tillman, Gausman and O'day were all bad today. Snider's error was also a killer.

Well after that feel good start yesterday our pitching was smoked today. Tillman, Gausman and O'day were all bad today. Snider's error was also a killer.

I am a little concerned with O'day. Going back to the end of last season teams are starting to get to him. Hitters have definitely figured him out. He needs to make some adjustments fast and that's not easy to do. Without Miller here anymore he is going to be involved in a lot of critical situations. With 2 outs and a man on in a one run game you cannot let Bautista bury you.

Snider's error was really the game. I think Snider will end up a better offensive option than Markakis but his defense will even the swap. Nick probably makes the catch. Also concerned that Hardy is taking longer than expected to come back.

anyone know a good source for average leaf-out dates in the Mid-Atlantic? Like for different tree species and stuff. Would love to know how far behind this year is/will be compared to average.

I doubt it's going to be behind. A string of warm days will cause a delayed spring to explode.

I'd think the low elevation of Baltimore would create a week or so earlier leaf out than here, but in my area we usually see leaves starting in late April but it takes until mid-May, if not later, to say we are leafed out. Right now, our Bradford Pears have just started to flower.

I doubt it's going to be behind. A string of warm days will cause a delayed spring to explode.

I'd think the low elevation of Baltimore would create a week or so earlier leaf out than here, but in my area we usually see leaves starting in late April but it takes until mid-May, if not later, to say we are leafed out. Right now, our Bradford Pears have just started to flower.

I was in Charlotte on Thur/Fri and everything was leafed out.  Leaf out noticeable once you got to around Blacksburg.  Neat drive back to see the conditions change so starkly.  Made me glad I live as north as I do.  Just wish I lived about 200 more miles north.

I am a little concerned with O'day. Going back to the end of last season teams are starting to get to him. Hitters have definitely figured him out. He needs to make some adjustments fast and that's not easy to do. Without Miller here anymore he is going to be involved in a lot of critical situations. With 2 outs and a man on in a one run game you cannot let Bautista bury you.

Snider's error was really the game. I think Snider will end up a better offensive option than Markakis but his defense will even the swap. Nick probably makes the catch. Also concerned that Hardy is taking longer than expected to come back.

I agree about O'day he has been roughed up going back to last year quite a bit. Nick definitely makes that catch but at 11 mil versus 2.75 mil it was a no brainer. I am more worried about Wieters than Hardy. I get a bad feeling he will not get back until the end of May and even then who knows how he will play. We need Wieters, Machado and Davis at the top of their games for us to have any chance to make the playoffs.

Got a crazy robin that keeps attacking my front window.  Had stuff hanging on the window had to remove it and put up one of those coverings you use in your front car window to try to keep the car from getting so hot.  That seems to have cooled the dummy's ardor for the window. 

Looks like The Weather Centre blog is shutting down. The guy came out as a 18-year old college student who started the blog five years ago when he was just 12-years old. Pretty interesting story. I'm going to miss some of the insights he offered.

Archived